Reeves County Purchase Activity

I printed it out, it came out better…thank you

Is there any way of getting a clearer picture of this,some of it is blurry…I couldn’t download it, but it did print out…I really appreciate the help.thank you Billy

It is a HUGE file. On my Android phone I downloaded an app called Fast Image Viewer. I export it into that app and it is VERY clear. So there are ways to improve the view. I had it printed out and it’s on my living room wall, about 8’ x 8’. Hope this helps. Linton

Thank you I will cfcthat in the morning…

I’ve been following this thread as my family has Mineral and surface interests in several Texas counties but mainly Reeves and Ward counties. We’ve been scratching our heads about getting a broad view of our interest covered in these two counties. Curious about :

1. where do you get map and does it show Blk, Sec Twn & range?
  2. how/where do you print something as large as 8’x8’?
  3. what scale is it?

Thanks!

Cami

Cami, if you will notice, that map is from 1945! It’s before the interstate highways were put in, etc. It does show block, section, Township. I took it to a graphics printing place that does blueprints and they had to print it half at a time because half ate up their paper width. It was quite expensive, but turned out pretty cool. People on this site used to send me requests for blk/sec and I would take a picture and send it to them. I have no idea about the scale. There is a place called Midland maps where you can buy maps of counties also. I ordered one of Ward County from there. Linton

Thanks for the info. Actually I didn’t open it to look at it. I am very familiar with Midland Map but the last time I checked prices it would be thousands to get maps. I am a long time engineering tech by trade and used to have access to data and a cheap mapping program (Mapview) that produces maps similar to Geomap software for a fraction of the cost. I worked for Clayton Williams Acquisitions at the time and used it for work. I just work part time for our family now so all the data would be expensive to gather. Just trying to find a way to build a big enough snapshot of our areas and not break the bank. May just have to bite the bullet and buy from Midland Map and highlight our acreage the old fashioned way. Thanks for your insight tho!

Order the Reeves County highway map which includes all the sections and blocks. Midland Map Co. Same for Ward and other counties. Cost is $25-$35. The very expensive maps are huge with the largest surface and minerals owners and some leases.

Reeves County map comes in several sizes and both are legible.

Thanks! I think my mother-in-law is just wanting perspective where acreage is in relation to towns so this might fit the bill. Had hoped to have leases on it for perspective but not sure it’s worth thousands of dollars. Thanks again!

Hi, h ou w do I go about ordering one from Reeves county? Thank you

Midland Map Company - 432-682-1603

Under pricing, see reference to county road maps.
Reeves County Highway map - 2 sizes - Small 18 X 24 & Large 41 X 62

1 Like

Think you very much,