Recently offered a lease

Right, but what is Bakken Oil, LLC? Do they have backing? Who owns the company? The bottom line is who has the backing to drill for oil? I see that Shale Exploration has major backing from Sid Greehey and apparently another partner of theirs is even bigger. You can look up Greehey. Also, Shale just applied for a drilling permit and I am leaning in their direction, but want to be sure some of these little start-ups don't have the kind of backing Shale does. Again, it's all about who has the money to drill. I am not interested in bonus payment money, I want my minerals drilled.

Ted: Call the Montana Dep't of Oil and Gas Resources in Billings (I think that's the name) They can can tell you in a brief few minutes what you want to know. Who's bonded, who has leases, where they are.... You may be surprised at what you learn.

Posted at link below, someone has already indicated that Bakken Oil and Shale Exploration have the same address:

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/forum/topics/mineral-rights?groupUrl=danielscomt&xg_source=msg_com_gr_forum&groupId=4401368%3AGroup%3A67851&id=4401368%3ATopic%3A178271&page=2#comments

That post read:

Reply by John Backus on April 13, 2012 at 7:28am

Food for thought....

A family member talked to one of our neighbors in Montana who owns adjoining acreage in Daniels County.

This neighbors stated she was approached by Bakken Oil LLC to lease. Oddly.. the mailing address and phone

number was the exact same as Shale Exploration LLC in Scobey. It's no secret that Sam Tallis owns and operates

multiple companies such as this that all do the same thing. Our property is shared by my siblings and our cousins.

Our cousins signed with Shale Exploration on December 15 and has not seen any money to date.

Jack

Investigate that lead/angle.

Wilson