Range of Signing Bonuses in Campbell County, WY

We have been offered $500 4/2 @ 18.75% pretty normal.They have also offered $500@20% but want a 5/2 year lease for 1300+ acres in Campbell county. We are still negotiating as I type. T44,45,46 R69,70

there are other companies paying more than that in there

You can say that again, Cole! But you have to get along with family! Some are bird in the hand people and some are grab the pebble from my hand, Grasshopper people! LOL

I recived a rather low offer to lease in niobrara. T38R66W 6thpm. The offer was 50 per nma. With a 5yr and a 3 yr option. I have never gone this low before and am not inclinded to do so . as the last time i leased this land. I got 270 per on a 4 yr with a 2 yr . anyone know what the going average is up there right now as i would like to give a fare counter offer back .

I tried sending you a personal message but it said I couldn’t send to you. Contex representing Rockies Resource is who is contacting us. There is a forum administrator who should tell you whether you can post info or not I believe.

Mine is in Campbell Wyoming too. Township 42 North Range 73 West 6th PM, Section 26 W/2 lots 3,4,5,6,11,12,13,14 containing 324.98 acres. I’ve approached by Diamond Resources, and most recently Ferrari Energy. Ferrari Energy offered $28,800 for my intrest.

Welco are low-ballers. Get other offers.

Don’t ever do a 5/2 lease. Absolute max would be a 3/2, but not many are even doing that now. We only give 3-year leases now, no option to extend. If you do a 3/2 lease, make sure the Option to Extend is MORE than the original bonus amount per acre.

Yes, that’s a total ripoff. Don’t EVER do a 5/2-3 or even a 4/2 lease. The max would be a 3/2 lease, and not many are even doing that now. Try for a 3-year only lease with no option to extend. If you do decide to allow the option, make sure the price for the option is greater per acre than the original bonus.

You should be looking between $300 - $500 per net mineral acre. That seems to be the going lease rates at this time.

Hi Andre, I am a trustee for some mineral rights and recently was presented with a lease. I have been on line researching the information.
Do you mind sharing who in Sheridan you are using to help negotiate the lease?

Thank you so much, Kimberly

Hi Kimberly, Thanks for asking and good luck! Davis & Cannon LLP Clint Langer, Partner 307-672-7491

Think he would have info on people buying mineral rights? Had a company interested and made a good offer however he’s not returning calls.