Question about unit size

They have been VERY staggered and the way they have been delivered makes zero sense (to me, a humble, seemingly sane person). My aunts got paid on some things in Jun/Jul/Aug that I did not. I got paid for Sept/Oct for stuff they did not. If Antero caught me up for stuff in Sept/Oct, there was no record of it when they sent me settlement paperwork. Everything just said 9/1/2023 and 10/1/2023. The aunts, JUST TODAY, 1/3/24, received their paperwork for Spili 1H and Peach Fork 2H.

Well, that is oddly calming. LOL.

Seriously, I’m quite certain its a complex process that i know nothing about and I can certainly be patient.

I’m just glad to know the process can be staggered and that its not necessarily a sign of something being wrong.

I would think that they would be required to make a lessor whole if their payments began later than others in the unit.

Did you check your production numbers for those months vs. what is published for the well? Perhaps they made it up to you but didnt itemize it on the statement.

Anyway, thanks again.

You have the advantage of several family members. Keep track of who got paid when and for which wells, so that after a few months, you can make sure that all of you have the correct payments. Check the statutes for WV. If they are late in paying, you may have to request interest. I have found that certified request return receipt for interest gets checks to me amazingly faster.

Also, be sure and save all of your check stubs for seven years for IRS purposes. Do not thrown them away! We scan ours and put them into the cloud to save for the life of the wells after the seven years.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.