Production lease modification

Update on my continuing, I’ll-never-stop-until-they-pay-the-blinking-royalties campaign. I’ve now identified several companies which produced oil or gas from our parcel over the last 10 years, with no records in the Ritchie County courthouse of leases, etc. And, I’ve written letters, but so far no reply, and the telephone is not a productive way to conduct business (all calls go to voicemail, etc.). These companies are: WV Wells ltd., Glass Development, Interstate Production, Alexander Production, and Clark Wells. I surmise that most of these are/were very small producers, but they all reported production according to the wvdep website. I’m on their trail. If anyone knows anything about any of these, please share.

I know about Alexander Production . I have heard that the owner Jim Eliopulos recently sold the company but I don’t know more than that about it. We have a couple of old wells with that company. Not much going on, but they were decent wells with the previous company. I haven’t heard of the other companies you mentioned.

Thanks for the info. I will add his name to my notes, as I continue to write and call each of them on alternate days. The person associated with WV Wells and Clark Wells (purchased by WV) is Kathryn Fitzgerald.

maybe Kathleen Fitzgerald?

I think I was remembering the wrong name. Good luck with all these small companies. They are great at ignoring royalty owners, if they are like many that I know about including Alexander.

Thanks, I do have information now (phone, address) for all of them. And, thanks, I’ve spoken with Ms. Fitzgerald. Alexander (Mr. Eliopoulos) seems to be one of those that is, erm, shy about communicating with anybody. However, I will be calling them consistently until I speak with someone. One bit of O&G tradition I’ve learned now about-- when production is very small, no producer much bothers with paying royalties, regardless of the laws. And sometimes production of gas is regarded as “house gas”-- that is, enough gas to heat a few local homes, but not enough to regard as commericial production. In such a case, I’d not dun local residents for anything back from gas for home use. It’s the commercial producers I will continue to pursue. From now on. Forever. To the Grave. maybe beyond

1 Like

Good luck to us all in dealing with these guys!