Probate Query

My grandfather owned mineral rights in McClain County, Sections 32 & 33. He passed in Texas (will was probated in Texas) with 2 living heirs: my mother, deceased (lived in Texas) and his son, now living in OK. My mom did not leave a will but we (3 living children of Mom in Texas) did obtain an Affidavit of Heirship. My cousin is probating my grandfather’s will in OK. Do you know if this probate will suffice for myself and 2 siblings in Texas, as well as my uncle in OK?

Those are straight up legal questions. If one of the lawyer members here doesn’t volunteer answers, you should consult an attorney IMHO.

1 Like

This is not likely unless your uncle is doing a joint probate (grandfather & your mother). However, since your mother lived in Texas a summary probate is available in Oklahoma. Once the paperwork is signed you are looking at 60-75 days to get the land split between you and your siblings.
This can be done without the need for any of your family to travel to Oklahoma.
If she did not leave a Will then the matter falls into intestacy. If she was not married at her time of death then her children would inherit her share of grandfather’s property.