Polk County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Mary,

Please address your comments to someone so we automatically know who you are talking or responding to. Thanks in advance, my friend. :)))

Yours,

Wes

Anyone have recent leasing info in S C Hiroms survey 37, Polk Cty (South of Livingston)? See my post above in "OIL & GAS LEASING IN POLK COUNTY". Thanks.

Hi Wes, I am new to the group and new to mineral rights leasing. My siblings and I (3 total) own 25% of the rights to 50 acres. We are being offered 150$ per acre signing with 20% royalty for 3 years with 2 year option at $100.00 signing. This seems fair at first glance. As the energy company is working the deal with 5 different owners. What are your thoughts on the offer? Also, is there a big concern with a clause that stipulates the energy company retains rights while waiting on a pipeline? Any help is appreciated. Soli

We just got an offer for $150 per acre, 1/5th royalty, 3 years and a 2 year extension option for $100 per acre. It seem to be kind of low compared to offers we have in neighboring counties.

HI, we had been approached by a land co. with a very similar offer, (an outfit out of Lafayette), & they absolutely refused to negotiate any terms of the contract, which was one of the worst versions of the 'industry friendly' Producers 88 form that I have seen. I mean, we have timber on the land that pays nicely every 8-10 years and they would not even talk about compensation for the trees they would cut for roads, etc.. or the water protection measures and creeks on the land that would need a little mention in the contract, and the shut-in royalty was terrible, etc, etc... So, they just disappeared...after we brought up those few concerns. Maybe next time, but there are so many of these fly-by-night contract hustlers out there now, who knows.

anyone, have info. on the john Jackson A-362 survey Polk TX. I was offer 100 acre from my understanding there is a lot on that pool. I didn't sign it . my husband thought it was too low. I talked to the landsman last month, he said they are not offering any more leases in that area due to falling gas prices.

What part of polk co is that survey? I have minerals I wish would get leased. They are located by Onalaska in cartwright survey and watts survey

does anybody know of any activity in polk cty

I would like to know lso.

Doug what part of polk co u interested in?

From John Wells;

I have been watching this site for a year or so. Am now a member. My major interest has been around the Permian Basin area and North Central. I am keeping a look out for older leases with some production and shut down wells. Not shut 'in'. To rework and bring back up. need equity funding of $1,000,000.00 for one of these. May consider Polk county but it has to have proven reserves. I live in Polk County.

Just info that I am here.

John

I have minerals located near Onalaska

Mary. Do you have 100% or is it divided? Has there been any activity of production, any wells, any seismic or exploration? How many surface acres?

John

i have 78 nma. they were leased in 07 for a 3 year lease with 2 year extension. when that was over they never leased again. i dont have any information on drilling in that area. i do not have surface.

my sister also has 78 nma

they are located in 2surveys. cartwright and watts

Ok. I'm looking for something to improve on that already has existing wells with some room for new drills. I am only on this site every great once in a while.

ok. dont think there have been any wells in that area

From John Wells: I was up north of Graham looking at a lease with wells and the person the lease was consigned to told me that there was an oil lease for sale south of Livingston in the Ace area. It is located south of the Moore-McBride LN and west of Bluewater Road. It has one producer and several shut ins. That is all the info that I have. I do not know the name of the lease or location other than given. Does anyone have any info on this lease? jwells@powermain.us

nobel drilling just started a well off darden road and fm 942. does anybody know any thing about it..