Outrageously high offer legitimate?

Ha Ha! Never thought of it that way.

This is an interesting discussion and the offer does sound extremely fishy; but, unless I have missed something, I've not seen anything about surface being part of the offer one way or the other. I have no idea where this property is located; but, if this offer includes surface, maybe this could well be a potential "hot" real estate location and the mineral rights is just a smoke screen to start with. As we all know, there are many unique locations where the surface is worth much more than this.

Good luck!

I received a similar offer from them for Ward County property. First, check the language they use which states the offer is subject to their valuation if you’re interested, and almost certainly, it’s a teaser rate. I get these letters every week and have seen the same property “valued” at $50k to $800k. My Ward County offer from this company would represent about 100 times the amounts of bonus and royalties in the past few years, so either they know something that we don’t, or it’s a bait & switch deal. Charles is absolutely correct. I do doubt that they will create a Taj Mahal Resort in lovely downtown Barstow, though.

Also received offer of $900,000 from rising phoenix for minerals in upton co,Check is $50.00 a month. Makes one wonder.what is logic behind offer of this dollar amount. Or scam?

Everybody who has received a letter from Rising Phoenix go read the last few lines at the bottom of the Exhibit "A" attached. Scam City: Don't walk away from these people, RUN!

Also, please note that the Phoenix is a mythological bird that bursts into flames every so often and dies and then is reborn out the ashes of it's predecessor. I remember that there were a myriad of companies in the early 90's when people where struggling to come back after going bust, bankruptcy or prosecution named Phoenix this or Phoenix that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_(mythology)

There are plenty of legitimate people out there to sell your minerals to if it is something you need or want to do. You don't need people like this in your world.

Charles

Hello Jace...thank you for your reply...that clears the matter up.

Hello Nancy. This is Jace Graham, President of Rising Phoenix Royalties. I sincerely apologize you received an offer from us for that amount. Unfortunately in some counties where we marketed there was an error in the calculations causing the offer prices generated on the mailers to be extremely high. This was our fault and not some scam or bait-and-switch tactic. Once we noticed the error, we immediately corrected it and notified most all recipients either by phone or mail. I would be happy to put you in touch with any of the mineral owners we have done business with since this incident occurred to get their opinion on how we deal with our clients. Again, my sincere apologies for the mistake and inconvenience. Take Care