Oil & Gas Lease Rates and Offers

Can anyone recommend an attorney in the area who has expertise at negotiating leases?

Thanks,

Carolyn Moyer

Hi, You might like to contact Gary Hutchinson, he is quite helpful and available through this website.

Here is a link to some good information to study about leases-

http://www.gdhm.com/images/pdf/jbm-ogleasechecklist.pdf

If you want to see more information about what is going on around you that $25 a month is worth paying to have the records available for the areas you are interested in:

http://www.ndrin.com/

They have a great search feature-you'll learn a lot about leases-many written poorly against the Lessor (you) and rates of royalty and terms in years. I am seeing a lot of them now at 19-20%. Most are still giving away free water and gas and oil to the operator. Once again a lot of people are signing what is put in front of them.

Mark Galloway said:

Hey,

Anyone have any experience around T161N, R91W, Section 14NE? The current lease is about to expire and I have no idea where to begin negotiations if I am approached (no interest yet)

Hi, I have used Peter Furuseth in Williston. I don't know that a lawyer will negotiate a good lease, maybe that is up to you. I left another reply which you could also use to give you some help. Take some time to study your area, that is what I would do.

Mary Beth said:

Carolyn Krohn said:

Can anyone recommend an attorney in the area who has expertise at negotiating leases?

Thanks,

Carolyn Moyer

Hi Donna Trontvet, Did you get a better deal with your lease? You left us hanging...

Donna Trontvet said:

I have not done anything yet as I need to investigate what this is all about.

Pam said:

Donna-did you lease or are you non-consent?

Hi Mary, I have not done anything yet. I am thinking about just letting them force pool me. From what I heard you can come out pretty good with that. I really don't want to mess with it. Thanks for asking. Donna

Mary Beth said:

Hi Donna Trontvet, Did you get a better deal with your lease? You left us hanging...

Donna Trontvet said:

I have not done anything yet as I need to investigate what this is all about.

Pam said:

Donna-did you lease or are you non-consent?

Thank you, Mary Beth!

Carolyn Moyer

Mary Beth said:

Hi, I have used Peter Furuseth in Williston. I don't know that a lawyer will negotiate a good lease, maybe that is up to you. I left another reply which you could also use to give you some help. Take some time to study your area, that is what I would do.

Mary Beth said:

Carolyn Krohn said:

Thanks,

Carolyn Moyer

Does anyone know if there is any drilling going on close to 162n and 91w in burke county or if there will be in the near future? Thanks

There is a fair amount of past activity and several active wells. No rig symbols on the map right now though.

Casey said:

Does anyone know if there is any drilling going on close to 162n and 91w in burke county or if there will be in the near future? Thanks

Appreciate the info.