Oil Activity Stephens County OK

Could we expect anything from the well they are just completing?

Thanks.

What do they mean when they say “net acres”?

That is the acreage you actually own. Gross acres is the total acres within the tract you own.

Example: if you have a half mineral interest in 100 gross acres, you own 50 net mineral acres (NMA) in the tract.

So sorry you feel that way. An alternate is to log onto the forum itself and read your list of new items of interest. With 11,000 members now, there is a lot more traffic and useful comments being shared. New topics are being opened, meetings of interest are posted, legislation that matters to us is being discussed, advanced drilling techniques are explained, etc.

The main difference from the old forum is that instead of a giant stream of comments on the bulletin board that are all in one place, but a bit hard to follow since there are questions and answers about so many things, the threads of each topic are more separate so the comments are easier to follow and it is easier to see who is answering who about what. The new software is more powerful and sustainable.

Glad to try to help anyone who has a question.

1 Like

Seems like a year or so someone gave us a web site with a 3D model of the various plays in the Anadarko Basin. I don’t remember who publish the report but it gave an excellent view of the are and depths. Anyone remember it or save a copy?

Do you need a stratigraphic column, cross section or what did you have in mind?

Here are several general resources.

TGS Insights into the Anadarko basin 2016.pdf (8.6 MB)

You can Google “Cross section Anadarko basin” and quite a few images all show up.

I have seen the one you just put up for display. I’m afraid I don’t know enough to extract info from it. What I’m looking for the document which included some 3D models which you could get a feel for the depth, the shape and the location with the 2 sections I am interested in, S20&21-T1S-4W.

Several outfits are offering $/NMAs for the rights themself (not lease). With help using your spread sheet and that 3D model I can make more rational decisions.

I just found out the in Section 20 well is Skeet 17-20 LW18. Martha, does the LW in the name suggests this lower Woodford play as you stated about HW several replies earlier? They said it was too early tell what the production rate will be. They have to flush some remaining water in the well.

It may stand for Lower Woodford.

On the 3D diagram, not sure which one you mean. You might try the search button at the top.

What I saw was a 3D model of all of the Anadarko basin which included Scoop, Stack, and Woodford slates plus a few others. 3D I mean when you sometimes see an advertise a new car model on a computer screen in all 3 dimensional (L-W-H). It appears you are looking at a perfect “model” of the car and sometimes thy will move the model all around on the screen showing you different angles of the free form body. Oh well, I believe it was part of some producers annual report or something like that.

By the way, is your updated spread sheet available to general public?

I’m sure I have that document in another computer. When I can get to it I’ll put it out to all.

Hello M_Barnes this was a reply of yours I read and have not received any information or mail since we signed the ratification lease could you assist us with any info I will also put the paperwork we did last year Stephens Co. - 24-01N-04W -Continental and Cheyenne Petroleum have cases. The pooling cases were combined.

Stephens Co. - 25-01N-04W- Goes with 24. Same thing. The Bryant well has already spud for 25 & 24 and should be about finished. (Woodford). Cheyenne is listed as operator.

On all these sections, you should be getting all the mailings if you are a mineral owner. If not, then let me know and I can give you the attorney contact for the cases. Is your name and address filed with the county clerks?

Rick:

The Bryant well went on line November 5, 2019 so you won’t see Division Orders for another 5-6 months. They have 180 days from 1st production to make payments. After that, the operator will owe statutory interest on the unpaid royalties. You will probably not receive any information from them until that time.

Respectfully, Todd M Baker

1 Like

Thank you todd m baker

Marathon well in NE corner of 10-2N-4W.

Fine sight to see. Thanks for the posting.

I wish I had a pic of mine

I remember when 2n/4w was a blank page

1 Like