Offer to Sign Lease

I too got a letter from Hal C Smith. Aside from the 5 year lease term, the low dollar amount and the lack of actual lease terms, I was concerned that I had never heard of this company. Therefore, I wrote back and outlined my concerns. My guess is I won’t hear anything more and that is fine,

Today, I got a call from some purported land man named Polly Hall or something. She had a 701 number, but her accent was not ND. I could not figure out what she wanted after she admitted she had no offer. Since this fish does not bite at any random lure, the call wrapped up pretty quickly. It did make me wonder what is going on after nothing, but crickets for some years.

Hal Smith is a very reputable brokerage company in Oklahoma working for an exploration company.

Then why does a Google search turn up only one or two employees and only relatively minimal income?

That’s a question you should ask Sergey or Larry. Apparently their algorithms are incorrect as I know Mr. Smith and doubt very seriously if either of those gentleman have every ventured to Norman Oklahoma to look in on Mr. Smith. The google lure that you swallowed was quite possibly stink bait although crickets are pretty good bait as well. Good Luck.

Thanks, but I am a lawyer from a top law school and am pretty good at research. My online sources were Dunn & Bradstreet and Manta.
My local taco stand has more employees and revenue.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.