Offer to purchase surface interest only

We do not own the surface rights in our section. I was under the impression that it is Public School Land.

My wife inhertited the farm( AB-1473) from her father. He grew cotton for years up until the mid 70’s.

Hi there - Are your surface rights a hard acreage, that is a hard divided interest? Or an undivided interest? That could effect how useful the surface is to any given company. We have surface rights in Loving county and have had a leased out to pipeline companies. I’d recommend holding on if you don’t need the money, the pipeline activity continues to heat up in the Permian and they could be worth more in leases in the next few years compared to a sale today.

Sorry I don’t understand your use of the word “hard”. My wife and her relatives own the surface rights to a 365 acre parcel – AB 1473.

Water, retention ponds

I own 30 surface acres in Reeves county section 14. Was offered a purchase amount that I’m thinking was very low and two land realtors confirmed. Anyone have names of companies that might want to lease that land?

You would have to give a better location with the abstract name and number.

I own 30 acres in section 14 block 45. Don’t know what I should expect to get per acre but they won’t lease it. The offer is low but I don’t know where to turn to lease it or get a better price for it. I’ve called operators in the area and had no interest.

Is the offer to purchase the surface only or surface and minerals?

Surface only. I don’t own minerals.

Correct. Personal Messaging exists only for special circumstances.