Offer to purchase in Caddo 12 9N 11W

Welcome to the forum!

That sounds like a speculator as five years is a really long time. My lowest lease would be 3/16ths and would never be for more than three years. Five years is too long as much can happen in that time frame and you wouldn’t want to be locked into a low bonus when (perhaps) others are getting higher.

Also, there is no such thing as a typical lease. The lease that they will put in front of you is most likely all in the lessee’s favor and not in yours (lessor). The lease will need negotiation. Also, never hand over a signed lease without getting paid. When you get to the point of actual negotiation, there are some tips.

As to activity in the area. There are pending cases at the OCC for sections 3, 7, and 17. Orders have been issued in 20, 28, 33 and 34, so a variety of sections.

There are two active wells in that section 8 already. Are you getting paid on the Johnny or McBride wells? The reason I ask is that the McBride is spaced at 640 acres in the RedFork, so I think you should be getting paid.
The Johnny well is also 640 acres in the Springer. Again, you probably should be getting paid.

Is this offer to lease for a deeper horizon? You need to find the old lease or the force pooling because you may or may not actually be open to lease.

Thank you for your helpful reply, M_Barnes! Good to know my instincts are on about the terms - they seemed unusual. I’m not getting paid on anything in Section 8 right now so I would certainly appreciate any tips you may have on tracking down the well operators so I can connect. The rights were gifted to me from a family member and the transition is been a bit bumpy so I have a sneaking suspicion there may be a few other interests that could have been missed.

Go on the OCC well records site Test. Type 0809N11W in the Legal Location Box and you will find the history of the two wells. the 1073 form is the operator change form. Depending upon when you received the minerals, you may have to hunt down a few of them to get any back royalties.