New wells in Burke County

I did read the well files but it looks like i may not know how to interpret them correctly. Would you look at Oasis activity in the lay down 1280 in T158 R92W Sec 30 and give me your opinion as to could they be doing the same in the area we have been discussing? If you do not want to leave it in the Burke County Blog because it is a little south in Mountrail County my Email is ddpaulson@ bresnan.net.
r w kennedy said:

Did you really read the wellfile? They requested permission to start drilling and set casing with a smaller rig and to come back and complete drilling with a larger rig at a later date on those 4 wells, the one off confidential with DRL status gives a start and end point but doesn't have footages for casing strings, why do you think that is?

Duane, I'm sure you can figure it out. You need to pay attention to everything. I would suggest that you look at a well that has been in production for a few years, then look at the relevant wellfile of yours and play the what's missing game. Look for the completion report, telling how many frack stages, millions of pounds of propant used and whether it was a "sand frack" or a better, more expensive, completion using ceramic propant.

If you had been watching the GIS server map you could have seen the rig symbol then watched it move from well to well, watched it leave and watched for it's return to drill to total depth. The drawing of proposed tank batteries may not be accurate either, the reality may be less or more.

After production begins, I would be looking for the operator to ask for permission to comingle production from multiple wells in the production tanks. Production will likely show up first under general statistics as sales of oil are not confidential although it will not tell you how many days the well produced to gemerate the production sold.

For me searching general statistics is a pain because the wells are grouped by fields but it just takes patience to find your field and your wells name. General statistics usually runs about 6 weeks behind so I would wait a month or two before searching.

I think it's great you got the subscription and believe that you will be very satisfied with it's value, once you become more familliar with it's use.

158-92-30, the dry well didn't get a good start being 8 degrees off verttcal, when this was discovered they plugged back and attempted it again and it was still off, tried again with the same result even when they plugged back all the way to the conductor casing and it sounds to me like they have abandoned that hole for good having only reched a depth of a little over 2,200 feet.

Four of the confidential wells spud are classed in the Enget Lake field which I presume means they will be drilled in a westerly direction into 158-93-25/26.

Two of the producing wells in the 158-92-30/29 spacing are not visible on the GIS map and you might phone the NDICO&G Division and bring it to their attention. The wells appear to be good to somewhat better than good aside from the abortive attempt that was P/A.

I would consider it unlikely but there could be some small chance that spudded well #26900 could be headed north in the absence of evidence that it will be heading east. The naming convention used by Oasis doesn't give much in the way of clues.

That was a pleasant half hour but I'm not going to delve deeper. I think you have enough to start fishing. Before long you will know some wells like the back of your hand. Have a great day!

Thanks for your time and help. This is exciting for our family. Our both sets of grandparents homesteaded this area and we all with they could be there to see what is happening where they all worked so hard to survive.

r w kennedy said:

Duane, I'm sure you can figure it out. You need to pay attention to everything. I would suggest that you look at a well that has been in production for a few years, then look at the relevant wellfile of yours and play the what's missing game. Look for the completion report, telling how many frack stages, millions of pounds of propant used and whether it was a "sand frack" or a better, more expensive, completion using ceramic propant.

If you had been watching the GIS server map you could have seen the rig symbol then watched it move from well to well, watched it leave and watched for it's return to drill to total depth. The drawing of proposed tank batteries may not be accurate either, the reality may be less or more.

After production begins, I would be looking for the operator to ask for permission to comingle production from multiple wells in the production tanks. Production will likely show up first under general statistics as sales of oil are not confidential although it will not tell you how many days the well produced to gemerate the production sold.

For me searching general statistics is a pain because the wells are grouped by fields but it just takes patience to find your field and your wells name. General statistics usually runs about 6 weeks behind so I would wait a month or two before searching.

I think it's great you got the subscription and believe that you will be very satisfied with it's value, once you become more familliar with it's use.

158-92-30, the dry well didn't get a good start being 8 degrees off verttcal, when this was discovered they plugged back and attempted it again and it was still off, tried again with the same result even when they plugged back all the way to the conductor casing and it sounds to me like they have abandoned that hole for good having only reched a depth of a little over 2,200 feet.

Four of the confidential wells spud are classed in the Enget Lake field which I presume means they will be drilled in a westerly direction into 158-93-25/26.

Two of the producing wells in the 158-92-30/29 spacing are not visible on the GIS map and you might phone the NDICO&G Division and bring it to their attention. The wells appear to be good to somewhat better than good aside from the abortive attempt that was P/A.

I would consider it unlikely but there could be some small chance that spudded well #26900 could be headed north in the absence of evidence that it will be heading east. The naming convention used by Oasis doesn't give much in the way of clues.

That was a pleasant half hour but I'm not going to delve deeper. I think you have enough to start fishing. Before long you will know some wells like the back of your hand. Have a great day!

Can someone tell me where the GIS server is you are referring to? I know that is a stupid question...lol.

North Dakota Industrial Commission OIl and Gas Division website, home page, a selection from the left, GIS map server.

Anyone having any luck with Cornerstone Natural Resources drilling in Burke County?

Or anyone near 163N 90W Sec 6? We have a lease in there and wondering what activity is going on.

Scott, I own the section next to you. Here is my email. nodaknorweigan@hotmail.com. We can compare notes...lol

i will email you now.

I have a lease in the East Flaxton Madison Unit, Burke County Anyone else have a lease or interest there? Anyone now have Enduro buying the lease from Magnum Hunter? Endure recently took over for us and we are two months behind on payments. Is this normal?