Need Lawyer due to Antero Partitioning our Mineral Rights

You know, it could be that one or another of those people confused you with somebody else. I think they have a lot of properties to deal with and it would be easy to get confused.

Since you signed and returned, I don't think you can change that. However, probably you'll get a well before too long and some royalties.

I think they are throwing around the Partition threat pretty freely. I have heard of several instances of it in the last months.

No confusion possible. We had been in contact with this lawyer about this property for some time. We had many questions we wanted answers for. She stalled us for a month saying she was running title search. She then came back with the partition and sign now thing.

Well it does sound like a scare tactic, you’re right.

If absolutely all communication were on paper, I would recommend taking it to a lawyer, but not if you don't have it all on paper. If I talk to anyone in the oil business on the phone, I ask them if they mind if I record the conversation for my own records. This results in some very short phone calls. Some people will say absolutely anything if they think their words are on the wind and will never come back to haunt them. Deception as a business tactic is very profitable but not always legal.

Laura Matundan said:

Ok, new information. After spending a couple of hours on the phone with different Anterio Lawyers and doing more research on the wells - Anterio says that this land is not under partition and there is no horizontal wells. Now, I'm beginning to think this was all just a scare tactic to get me to sign the "lease ratification" Anterio sent me long time ago. I had refused to sign because the original lease sucked and I wanted them to increase the royalties. The original Anterio lawyer that said if we sign and send in the lease ratification right away - she would try to stop the partition...... this lawyer is no longer returning calls. Hummmm. Well, of course I signed it, and mailed it right away - not wanting to lose the land. Uugh! What a sucker I am. Should of made the phone calls first, now what? No mention was made of royalties on the lease ratification.... it basically said the original lease was valid.

True story.