*** Announcements ***

Scroll down to read announcements from NARO.

1 Like

SAVE THE DATE The NARO National Convention will be October 2-5, 2019 in Pittsburgh. Registration will open in January. Look it up at www.naro-us.org

There are some very good reference materials listed on the website from last year’s convention. A useful one for mineral owners is the “Copy of Sample Mineral Inventory Form”. Good way to keep a running list of what you have.

2 Likes

The new ROAR is out.

Link

Watch for an announcement soon about a NARO Town Hall meeting in Big Spring, Texas on April 16 at the Hotel Settles.

2 Likes

Hi Martha, Thanks for sharing! Could you please post the link to the presentation materials from last year’s convention? I tried to find it on the NARO website but didn’t have any luck.

Thanks, Matt

I can’t find it either. Looks like they just updated the announcement page and they may have refreshed everything and archived that. Call the NARO office and ask them. If you are a member, they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Here is the Announcement on the NARO Town Hall in Big Spring, Texas on April 16 and the link for registration is below. Registration limited to 150 people.

Registration

Information regarding the severance taxes in each of the states you can go to the National Conference of State Legislatures website under the energy section. A very helpful source to review and compare severance taxes from each state!!

Judge won’t dismiss “fuel gas” lawsuit filed against Cimarex Energy March 25, 2019 As Colorado’s Cimarex Energy Company and Cimarex Energy Company of Colorado fight a class action lawsuit over royalty payments, a Muskogee federal judge has refused to dismiss the suit. It’s a suit involving the use of natural gas as fuel gas. U.S. District Judge Steven P. Shreder of the Eastern District of Oklahoma denied the company’s efforts to have the 2016 lawsuit dismissed. Dorsey J. Reirdon filed suit claiming Cimarex Energy and one of its subsidiaries had been using natural gas from wells for fuel. His lawsuit contended also underpaid royalty to him through a policy of not paying royalties for fuel gas. Magnum Hunter, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cimarex Energy Co. was the lessee and sold the gas to Madill Gas Processing Company, L.L.C and delivers it to Madill’s North Madill Compressor station in Marshall County. A pro rata share of the gas is used off the leased property as Fuel Gas to power compressors which move the gas to Madill’s gas processing plant. Cimarex sought to have the suit dismissed but the judge ruled otherwise.

1 Like

This very thing is why I strike the clause in all my leases that says they can use my oil, gas or water for free. As more and more of the rig fleet and frac fleets convert their engines to mixed diesel/gas, they can use your gas and not pay you-unless you strike that clause. Not giving legal advice, just a tip that I picked up at a National NARO meeting a few years ago. Was an eye-opener.

Thanks to all who attended our Town Hall in Big Spring at the Hotel Settles. About 80 attended, and a lot of interest in the four topics. Copies of the powerpoints will be sent out to attendees as soon as I can get them all to Cynthia in Tulsa.

The Oklahoma State Chapter of NARO with the Grady County Mineral Owners and Surface Owners Association is hosting an event on November 12th at the Grady County Fairgrounds that we are encouraging mineral and royalty owners who are members and non-members of each association to participate in. We look forward to seeing you, your family, friends and neighbors at this event. Details are indicated below.

1 Like

I am planning on attending.

Excellent! Call the county extension office and let them know. I hope there is a great turnout.

Would love to get feedback from the town hall meeting. I am writing an article for the NARO OK newsletter.

NARO Texas, together with the Louisiana Chapter, is hosting a Town Hall Meeting in Marshall, Texas on March 13, 2020 from 5:30 - 8:00 p.m. at the Memorial City Hall Performance Center. Please join us for an outstanding opportunity to learn about activity in the Haynesville Shale. Additionally, we will discuss post production deductions, division orders and much more.

You do not need to be a member of NARO to come and the registration fee is only $30 per person. Registration Link here: National Association of Royalty Owners - Event List

OK NARO- Save the Date! The Oklahoma state NARO convention will be held on May 20th-21st, 2020.

Embassy Suites (Downtown) 741 N. Phillips Ave. Oklahoma City, OK 73104 There will be a CMM (Certified Minerals Manager) Review and welcoming reception on Wed., May 20th. There will be a CMM Exam offered Thursday morning, followed by a full day of sessions (9:00 AM - 5:00PM).

The price will be $199 for members, $349 non-members (includes basic membership). Stay tuned for a registration link!

Save the date Oklahoma 2020 Conference.pdf (160.1 KB)

1 Like

The NARO-TX convention is coming up soon - have you signed up yet? Why not? Do it today! NARO - National Association of Royalty Owners - 2024 NARO Texas Convention (naro-us.org)

1 Like