Most of land is leased around me, do I have a solid hand to play?

I am an out of state land owner. I was called about 3 weeks ago from a landman from LA offering $350/acre x 3 yrs with a 2 yr. option also at $350/acre, 3/16 royalty. My land is located in the SW corner of Sedgwick

County Township: 28S
Range: 3W
Section: 31
SE/4
160.0 net mineral acres

I've gained a lot of information reading all your posts and appreciate it all especially since I am unable to attend any of the informative presentations given in the area. Is my land near any of the properties you all own?

Does anyone have the Shell's representative POC information?

Based on how SandRidge's map in their presentation looks, I believe all of the acreage Top Dollar packaged for the landowners and marketed is going to end up with SandRidge, although Sandridge is not the lessee on the lease. I base this on the fact that the way they show their Sedgwick County holdings, includes most of Garden Plain Township (pdf pic attached). Also, because the package Top Dollar marketed was so large (63,000+acres in Sedgwick County) I think it likely (I could be wrong, my guesses no better than anyone else's :-) ) that the amount they got for those leases is going to be the standard, unless you are adjacent to current oil production from the Mississippi Lime, such as near the Buerki field east of Goddard, or the oil field(s) west and north of Cheney.

Sam, the quarter section east of you had a well from 1980 to 1984, but it produced about 500 foot below the Mississippi, in the Simpson, and only 8400 barrels, per KGS.

I'm guessing that Roger is probably closest to you, maybe Lake Afton area, Roger?

Again looking at SandRidge's map, it looks like the have quite a bit leased in 28S-3W, but maps can be deceiving. They don't have much in the township north of there or south of there, could be Shell has most of it, or even Chesapeake, although I haven't seen them drilling anything around here since their Charlie-H by Caldwell last fall.

Also attached again is a redacted copy of my lease; Exhibit A portion is the important part, as it sets out most of the qualifications that benefit the landowner.

Sam, did you grow up in Andale? I was checking county propery information, and the name on your 1/4 section struck a chord :-)

2775-GardenPlainTownship.pdf (295 KB) 2776-redactedXC560C8A4A31425.pdf (859 KB)

Im about 6 miles E of Afton, S of McArthur. My question is, if Shell already has wells that they are starting, they wont sell those to Sandridge will they?

Anthony Palsmeier, Jr said:

Based on how SandRidge's map in their presentation looks, I believe all of the acreage Top Dollar packaged for the landowners and marketed is going to end up with SandRidge, although Sandridge is not the lessee on the lease. I base this on the fact that the way they show their Sedgwick County holdings, includes most of Garden Plain Township (pdf pic attached). Also, because the package Top Dollar marketed was so large (63,000+acres in Sedgwick County) I think it likely (I could be wrong, my guesses no better than anyone else's :-) ) that the amount they got for those leases is going to be the standard, unless you are adjacent to current oil production from the Mississippi Lime, such as near the Buerki field east of Goddard, or the oil field(s) west and north of Cheney.

Sam, the quarter section east of you had a well from 1980 to 1984, but it produced about 500 foot below the Mississippi, in the Simpson, and only 8400 barrels, per KGS.

I'm guessing that Roger is probably closest to you, maybe Lake Afton area, Roger?

Again looking at SandRidge's map, it looks like the have quite a bit leased in 28S-3W, but maps can be deceiving. They don't have much in the township north of there or south of there, could be Shell has most of it, or even Chesapeake, although I haven't seen them drilling anything around here since their Charlie-H by Caldwell last fall.

Also attached again is a redacted copy of my lease; Exhibit A portion is the important part, as it sets out most of the qualifications that benefit the landowner.

Sam, did you grow up in Andale? I was checking county propery information, and the name on your 1/4 section struck a chord :-)

Per my lease research, I would say Shell has a good chunk of 28S 3W as well. Apparently both competing for property right now. I guess that is a good thing. In looking at lease records, it looks like Shell was later in the game in Sedg Co but working very aggressively by buying large packages. One package had about 100 properties in it. A bunch in 28S 2W, 3W and 29S 2W, 3W.

Where is Sand Ridge working right now?

Reply by Roger Oilmiester 1 hour ago

Im about 6 miles E of Afton, S of McArthur. My question is, if Shell already has wells that they are starting, they wont sell those to Sandridge will they?

I don't think so, I think they are directly competing against each other; Chesapeake only has drilled one well nearby, in Sumner County last fall but nothing since then; Basin Management did sell them a bunch of leases last April, 186 by my count just now. Book 837, page 536 Sumner County, I think it was the Photocopy records set (vs deed or misc set), but not sure. If interested I can add up the acreage on that document.

Reply by bob S 54 minutes ago

Per my lease research, I would say Shell has a good chunk of 28S 3W as well.

Based on Sandridg'es map, I would say you are correct. But I am starting to wonder about their depiction of holdings in Garden Plain township (27S-3W) Top Dollar has 63,360 acres listed as sold in Sedgwick county; that would be 2 3/4 townships. Sandridge's map seems to show barely 2 townships if that; I guess I need to go to Wichita today and spend some time in the Title office (wonder if they will let me make copies with my camera....someone at Wellington was using one...)

OH BOY!!!! A FIELD TRIP TO MY LOCAL GOVERNMENT!!!! YAAAAA!!

Now why would you go to Wichita when you can see it all from your easy chair???? I pluck the records and save them as PDF.

I contacted Sandridge and was told my property was not in an area they were interested in leasing. That's why I'm trying to get contact information for a Shell representative or others interested in leasing my mineral rights.

Sam

I will try and get you Trevors # tommorrow. He is with the La company hired by Shell. They are hard nosed on the $350 3/16 though.

Sam Holster said:

I contacted Sandridge and was told my property was not in an area they were interested in leasing. That's why I'm trying to get contact information for a Shell representative or others interested in leasing my mineral rights.

Bob,

Which county website do you go to for oil lease information? The only thing I have seen is property tax info and property sales inf and Plats & Maps....

...................DUH!!!!!!.................

found it...(sigh)

I guess I expected that they might still do paper records like Wellington.....

of course, I only found the website thru a link on the FAQ page for register of deeds, but i suppose if i looked hard enough

hmmm...WHAT AN ENLIGHTENED COUNTY I LIVE IN !!!! :-)

OKAYYY!!!

Thanks Roger for pointing out online SG info...this is so much nicer (yes I forgot to recertify for my Computer Literacy permit :-) )

now then.....The package with Bearcat Land last fall that our Sedgwick county tenant joined was transferred by Bearcat to Sandridge Dec 21, 2011, so that is all the shiny yellow squares on SandRidge's map, but they might have marked whole sections yellow if they had any, as I can see that the section we have 1/4 of is in yellow, and they ain't got ours. So their holdings may be overstated a bit.

Going to be real interesting to see who ends up with that 63,360 acres that Top Dollar marketed......

and now its time to do some information mining !!!

Oh, website to get started into SG title and lease info is http://www.sedgwickcounty.org/deeds/document_search.asp

Yeah, that was like the holy grail when I found it since I was already so tired of going down town just to get some information. I LOVE it!!!

I still don't really agree with what is considered "public information". I don't think I really need to know what you paid for your house or land. However, I guess only a small percent even care to look.

Actually, knowing what the neighbors house is appraised for is kinda important, as that definitely affects your property taxes, and gives you a reason to go and argue with the county with this end result :-) :

Appraisal is different. Actual sales data is public record when just means I can find out who you financed through, for how much, when, if it is paid off, etc. All stuff which I think is a little much but I guess it is certainly interesting to those that care to look it up.

Don't even get me started on property taxes....the number one screw job in the USA.... I proved to someone that a 200 dollar coat of paint can cost 10x that in increased taxes from the value in Sedg Co. what a joke...

Sam,

Trevors # is 337-291-2910 or 337-258-6906. They are a La. Company that is doing leases for Shell.

Good luck.

Thanks.

Roger Oilmiester said:

Sam,

Trevors # is 337-291-2910 or 337-258-6906. They are a La. Company that is doing leases for Shell.

Good luck.