Morgan County Mineral Rights - Value of Lease Negotiation?

Penny, could I ask what was the final offer, and did you accept? My family owns mineral rights in that area and we are starting to get inquiries. Thanks for your help, w. bowie

I wish you were right about Baseline, Austin, but I’m sorry to say that the 2008 offer was not a Mineral Permit for seismic operations. I received the same lease offer as my sister did and still have the hard copy. I’m glad to hear you think they are an upright outfit these days.

Austin M Rose said:

I realize this forum is now a few months old but I felt inclined to respond because of Penny's previous experience with Baseline. I have been working with Baseline for several years and am familiar with this area and almost all of the contractors that may have been working at one point or another. Baseline has been diligent with hundreds of the landowners in this area for over 3 years now and almost any other company in the area has been there less than a year and are trying to market or re-sell your lease with stories of empty promises. They are driving the prices up to point where many lands are being avoided and won't be developed. Penny, if you are checking the records I believe you have found that Baseline has been very fair with offering like terms on ALL their leases where Prima's leases have ranged widely in terms and in some cases may have taken advantage of a few landowners without the know how.

Please e-mail me at austinmitchellrose@gmail.com with any questions or in regards to any bad experience you may of had, I would love to discuss in detail and offer an apology. Penny, I believe what your sister may have received in 2008 was a Mineral Permit for seismic operations that were being conducted. The mineral permit would have only granted permission to have her lands evaluated, afterwhich, she would have the opportunity to lease with better terms depending on the results. Where were these other companies during the collapse of 2009 when Baseline continued to invest in the Morgan community while simultaneously drilled new wells in the area?

Lastly, Jan and Penny, it's never a good idea to sell your minerals unless you absolutely need the money. And if you must, send the offer around to all the companies working in the area to get yourself a fair price.

We own 360.25 acres minerals in Morgan County, Section 3, T6N, R60W, 6th P.M.. A few weeks ago we received an offer to buy, $1K/acre, from Centennial Minerals Holdings out of Denver. We don't sell our minerals. We now have this leased to Contex which will run out July 28, 2011. This lease, as Austin previously said, " 2008 was a Mineral Permit for seismic operations that were being conducted." However, it did not state this in the contract. I have been contacted by three different companies, (one wanted to lease my lease) and we will not do anything until the lease is terminated. Phillip in Tulsa,

Interesting, Phillip. I just got the same offer to buy from Centennial for minerals in Section 1 T6N R60W 6th. I wonder what’s going on.

phillip a. koenig said:

We own 360.25 acres minerals in Morgan County, Section 3, T6N, R60W, 6th P.M.. A few weeks ago we received an offer to buy, $1K/acre, from Centennial Minerals Holdings out of Denver. We don't sell our minerals. We now have this leased to Contex which will run out July 28, 2011. This lease, as Austin previously said, " 2008 was a Mineral Permit for seismic operations that were being conducted." However, it did not state this in the contract. I have been contacted by three different companies, (one wanted to lease my lease) and we will not do anything until the lease is terminated. Phillip in Tulsa,

Not sure Penny… We just need to wait and research. I live in Oklahoma and have not been following this area much. Phil K.

Penny and others in Morgan County,

I was contacted last week to lease in 4 N 60 W in Morgan County. Do you have any updates on what is happening and have people accepted leases and if so what terms? We have 160 ac and were offered $50/ac bonus and 15 %.

Thanks,

RJ

I just go an offer from Beaseline for Township 6, north range 60 west 6th pm.

Looking for all the info I can get.

frankbeaver@columbus.rr.com

Frank

Frank, what did they offer you. I’m getting ready to visit with baseline about our property, T6N, R60W 6thpm, Section 3. 360 acres… Thanks Phil K.

ANYBODY KNOW AN ATTORNEY THAT WOULD HANDLE A MINERAL RIGHTS CASE??

I REALLY HAVE NO MONEY BUT I GOT SREWED BY BASELINE!!

I HAVE ALL THE DOCUMNETS. JUST NNED SOME ADVICE, AND MAYBE A BIG SETTLEMENT

FRANK

FRANKBEAVER@COLUMBUS.RR.COM