Mitchell County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

what site was it that you heard that, maybe you could let them know or I can

Has anyone had any dealings with Lincoln Land and Title out of Roswell? We got an offer on land we had no idea we have m/r on. Our parents estate is now ready to go to probate so we can not do anything until that is settled.

Lincoln Land is good to deal with and pretty fare, We signed with them, make sure you go through an attorney as always. Good Luck

George, I am not familiar with that clause–sounds like I ought to be! What is it?

There is one site that says people were not getting bonus checks as promised with Lincoln. Has anyone had experience with this? Or know anyone who has?

I believe they are just finishing up the leasing in the CCity and Loraine area, then they will apply for permits and figure out exactly where they want to drill, make deals with other lease owners to get the acreage they need, and then try and get the rigs out there to drill. I am guessing, but it will probably be several more months before they start drilling in the area.

Has anyone actually seen any drilling rigs operating south of Loraine. So far it has been “big bark and no bite!!”

Lincoln Land is pretty good to deal with, you might have your attorney work with you and them to draw up a letter of intent, until your probate is settled, just an idea

Actually remember they have up to 3 years to drill and then another 2 year option, they did not say they would drill right away or where. Just consider it a blessing that we have the leases it is a good start.

Would a local attorney…Mitchell county or Ector or Tarrant attorney be best? My sisters are in Ector and I am in Tarrant. Or does that matter at all?

Ty Wood is an attorney in C City. I would get a local guy and make sure they know oil and gas.

I don’t think it matters as long as your attorney is knowledgable in Oil&Gas leases, I feel you should all agree on one attorney, it is what ever you feel comforatable with, Local:

Ty Wood - Colorado City

Tom Reese - Colorado City

David Cotton - Snyder

Good Luck

We are working with Lincoln on behalf of Devon to get a lease at this time.

Sorry for my ignorance, but has Devon stopped leasing Mitchell County?

South of Colorado City on 208. About 2 miles north of Champion.

They have, however it depends on where the property is located, sounds like they are being selective

Cheryl, Where is your property located?

We had Ty and so did several others, Mr. M is right, he will do a good job and works hard for the landowners, we too already received our first bonus check.

Vivian,

Go to the Texas Railroad Commission website and click on Data in the main menu. Then scroll down and click on “online research queries”. Then launch the application in the first box that says “Public GIS map viewer” (Note that there is another box there that allows you to search for new permits, which you will want to do if you sign a lease ) Scroll down and find Mitchell County in the Map Viewer. This should send you to Mitchell County where you can scroll around and find your land. Look for section numbers. There is a place where you can enter section and block numbers. Play around with it and it should do the job for you. Got this from Liz in the Hockley County forum.

Does Ty Wood work for Devon? It is hard to tell who he represents.