Mineral Questions after mothers passing

Okay I was just curious! I think we have enough to back it. She kept great records. Okay she chose no bonus and 1/5 sorry for the confusion. I don’t think she knew exactly what it was. Yes it was on the division order contract.

I am having trouble finding a title. I found an Indian Patent Document under her name.

I also found a few more Indian patent documents under her husbands name. All of the patens are from 1902 to 1908 I believe. On the ones for him it only has lot and block… No sec township range. Any idea how I can get more info.

Have you tried looking on www. You can find maps and original patents there.

It doesn’t look like the full link posted.

Search - BLM GLO Records

I found an old breakdown of a check… The amount just does not seem correct to me… but maybe I am looking at it wrong.

The lease chosen was for sec33 T2N R2W Containing 20 acres more or less The option picked was No Bonus for a 3 year term retaining a royalty of 1/5 Royality Decimal Interest .00052081

After looking at these I just feel like something is off. Can anyone look these over an advise?

I suspect that the lease said 20 acres, but your mom did not have the whole 20 acres but some fraction. Leases normally have the gross tract listed, not the net acres. You can contact the Division Order department of Triad and ask what net minerals they are carrying for her.

That decimal interest equates to 1.6666 net mineral acres.

hat sounds like that might be the case. I am having trouble locating anyone at Triad. Do we have a name or number for anyone there?

I reached out to RimRock and this is the response I received

We looked into your inquiry below and found there are no royalties or pooling bonuses due from Rimrock to the successors of your mother. Although preparations were made, Rimrock never drilled a well on these lands. Regarding pooling bonuses, Your Mothers interest wasn’t entitled to a bonus due to a prior lease. According to our title opinion, your mom executed a lease dated 10/16/2008 , in favor of Triad Energy, Inc.

I am a little confused! How do you get out of a lease agreement. Are you just stuck in it. She received tons of letters over the years regarding the pooling orders and it appears that they had her listed as an unknown heirs of her mothers and great grandmothers. If we had no interest in this why would she have been getting this information? Thank you again for all of your help.

If your mom had executed a lease it was probably for three years. She would not have been pooled if she had an active lease. If she leased, then she would have received her bonus and the time of the lease or shortly thereafter unless she picked an option with no bonus. If Triad drilled and was successful, then she was due royalties as long as there was production. She still owned the minerals. Anyone could lease, not just the operator. You don’t usually get out of a lease agreement. They either expire if nothing is drilled or they continue as long as production continues.

https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/OG/Well%20Records/1DD062BA.pdf. Here is the completion report for the well. It is located in 33-2N-2W. It was drilled in 2011 so in the time frame of the lease. It is the well in the upper right corner in the map above. It was spaced for the East half of the section (24858), so your mom’s lease was included in the spacing. The well’s production was very low. Cumulative gas was 19671mcf and cumulative oil was 7332 bbls. So very little royalties would belong to the acreage. Last production is listed as Nov 2020. Very spotty after 2016.

Triad’s phone number is listed as 405-842-4312. http://www.triadenergy.com

It is a small company, so keep trying.

Martha, another # for Triad Energy is 337-948-1616 per the Texas RR Commission Operator Contact Information

1 Like

Thank you so much for this explanation! Do you have any recommendation’s on attorney’s? I am having trouble finding one.

Thank you so much

You can observe qualified professionals (often with localized expertise) who provide services to mineral owners right here on The Mineral Rights Forum. You will notice them among 3 different instances on the site:

• in display image ads and/or brief text messaging on site

• in our Mineral Service Provider Directory in the main navigation above. These are arranged by professional discipline.

• as a Business Member participating in many conversations throughout the site (note the blue colored “B” on their picture and blue text on their posts).

These practitioners are often able to provide the specific (and often localized) services that meet your needs.

The Mineral Rights Forum Administration

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.