Mineral lease offers in southern Fayette county

Has anyone received offer letters from RAM Energy or Drake Oil in the Fayette County area close to Ellinger? Wondering what would be the best going rate for these offers, what is going on and who is trying to start drilling or re-drill thru Austin Chalk wells in this area.

1 Like

I canā€™t help you on what they are doing on leasing but RAM Tex Energy has recently completed their third well in the area off Hwy 955 between Fayetteville and Ellinger. They just filed a completion report with RRC covering their first well called the Super T. Hereā€™s a link to it that shows some very strong results

http://webapps.rrc.texas.gov/CMPL/viewPdfReportFormAction.do?method=cmplG5FormPdf&packetSummaryId=203761

Two more wells they called the Tango and Cobra have been completed in that same area and are also rumored to be good ones but they havenā€™t released any numbers. RAM Tex drilled each of those wells by forming large allocation units after they took over old Swift Energy units formed in the 80ā€™s that were still producing. I think Geosouthern also permitted at least one well in that same area a few months ago.

Thanks Dusty1, appreciate this info.

I just received a lease agreement on my prop. Fm609 & Fm2237 for 3 yr @500 acre and ri .20, think I should wait, this may be someone who buys and sell leases?

Was this lease with RAM Energy? Any word on what kinds of terms (bonus and royalty) they have been paying in the area?

609 & 2237 is a little SE of Muldoon right? Hasnā€™t been much activity around there recently.

3 yr at 500 seems like a solid offer. The RI should definitely be 25% though.

Yes Ram energy has the Rambo 1H unit up and in production oil and gas. This unit contains 2 additional units called the cape and the canik production also.

Location is Fayette county texas.

Sounds like you are familiar with this area. I leased out my mineral rights to Magnolia Oil & Gas in Feb. Got a nice bonus on a 3/2 lease. Now I have received 2 different offers to sell my rights. I have had these mineral rights since 1988, and all this interest is way, way above any interest I have had in all the 31 years!!! The property is located 2-3 miles south of LaGrange east of US 77 and just off of FM3233. Can you tell me if there is activity in this area? Thanks

Current drilling activity is south of you just NE of Ellinger by RamTex and north of La Grange Magnolia is drilling half way between LaGrange and Giddings in Fayette County . Riley Exploration is drilling north of Magnolia just over the Lee County line

1 Like