Mineral lease in Leon County - cost-free royalty?

Hello there,I hope all is well. Can anyone tell me if they have any info on these tracts in Leon Co.Texas. A-982 I&GN RR Co, A-736 Wilson Reavis A920 FG White

@Douglas56 That seems to be their standard offer at the moment. I know of people that have leased at those exact terms. The most I saw on another thread is from someone that negotiated to 600/acre and 22.5% (or thereabout). I ended up round there too.

When I talked to a lawyer about pushing for the cost free royalty etc, I was advised that I likely had little negotiating power as I was not drill site (i.e., within 330ft of the well; I was just at the edge of the production unit). The drilling and permitting was already done - by pushing too hard I could end up with nothing. The well went to production a couple weeks later, and I was lucky to sign on when I did. See Eric’s answer above.

@Mineral_Owner5 Did you actually lease at those terms here in Leon with Surprise/Comstock?

No I have not signed the lease as of yet. I was told that the current lease SVR sent me is not in my favor. Working on a counter offer. Doug D.

You need to get you another Attorney. Dealing with the broker usually get’s you no where.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.