Mineral Interest Rights - adopted

Becky, Gabe is correct, eventually you will probably need legal help. But Nancy also makes a good point about searching county records. The link below is how I discovered that another person had leased some acreage that I already had leased. You can search by name or location. If you enter section, township & range, in your case 33 or 34-1N-4W click search and listings of mineral deeds, oil and gas leases etc. will be displayed. It only goes back about 6 years but if there have been any instruments filed during that time they should be there. If you see the names of anyone involved write down the book and page #s. You can call the Stephens County Clerk and order copies of the pages for $1.00/page. You can also search by name for probate information. If he died in another county in Oklahoma you can search that county. If he died in another state there should still be some sort of administration of his estate in the county where the minerals are located. If you have any trouble navigating the website let me know and I can help you out. Mike

http://okcountyrecords.com/search.php?county=069