McKenzie County, ND - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I just checked and one of my wells came off the confidential list on 4/15, it’s a Petro Hunt well so I won’t have to fight XTO on this one. What does it mean to have a well come off the confidential list? Should I be looking for a division order in the mail?

I have called Mr. Boudreau everyday and have not gotten further than leaving a message, which has not been returned. If there is any more info out there about how to get paid by XTO. I would love to hear it.

Dianne: I did not call Mr Boudreau. If my check had not come this month, I was going to. I estimated that i would have to wait 10 months from Spud to payday. That was right on the money. I got concerned about all the negative press XTO has been getting and I lost sight of the 10 month interval. You are in your 9th month. Do you know how to use XTO’s mineral owners website. That’s where i get information about my current pending check. I start looking a few days prior to the 20th and then I know what’s coming in the mail. You could start looking now, wouldn’t hurt. I was surprised to see the information there on the 17th.

You need an owner number to get access to XTO’s website. That might be the clinker. I don’t know where that information is other than a check from them.

XTO told me the same thing about the division order. The new wells are in the same spacing as the first ones. We did not get a new division order. The old one was good enough. If your new ones are in the same space as your others, you might be in the same situation. Next month just might be the time. Let’s hope. I should have 4 more coming in June. This based on my 10 month spud to pay theory. Time will tell.

I have had so many AH HAAA moments researching the basic subscription I click on everything I can find, just out of curiosity. Without fail I find a piece of a puzzle. I even subscribe to the Bakken News. The more I know about the industry, the more in control I feel over my mineral rights. In the present, and more importantly for the future. This is brand new. There is a lot to learn and the more the better.

Thanks for the info. Actually, looking into it, it is shut in. I’m not sure what that means either. But I know it’s not good.

Oops, Range 95 - I checked myself and it is IA. There are more right there that are on the confidential list.

It’s a big relief to hit this milestone. I’m glad you are telling these people who are new to this blog to sign up for the basis subscription. I first signed up for the basic and then switched to the premium. Haven’t decided yet what I got for the extra money. For now I’m going to keep it because every once in a while it allows me to make sense of it all. At least a little bit.

What I might do is cancel the premium and see if I have access to what I have been looking at with the basis subscription. Anyone who has an oil interest is being FOOLISH if they are not educating themselves on as much of the process as they can. The NDIC basic subscription is the best place to start. Yes, it should be free.

Kennedy, what is wrong with going on the NDIC site… general statistics…monthly production reports. It give the runs for the month or is this not what you are talking about?

Janie, just because the information on a well is no longer secret does not mean it’s producing yet. Many wells have their confidential status end before they are producing these days.

I have one that came out of confidential status today and it’s not completed or producing yet.

Shut in is interesting. If the well were incomplete it should be DRL status, shut in raises the connotation of a well capable of producting but is simply not being produced for lack of a market or the ability to get the product to market. Can you tell us the operator?

My fears have been calmed. I will be getting paid this month.I even got great money for the oil. XTO even paid me for the flared gas. I wasn’t very good on the patience that Mr Kennedy kindly advised.I’ll have to listen better next time. Hope you all have the same or better results SOON.

The premium subscription mainly gets you acess to recordings of the commission meetings, in my opinion boring and they aren’t going to listen to anything you say anyway, without you lawyer up and write the check for tens of thousands of dollars, then they probably still won’t listen to you. The $50 subscription is within reach of most people and gives the most bang doe the buck. I really believe that the state should provide the history of monthly production and sales compiled in one place to the public for free, they gathered and collated the information at taxpayer expense, the same information that the Mt DNR provides for free. Talk about greed, the state of ND charging you to acess information you already paid them to gather for you, when they already have a 400 million dollar surplus is staggering. How much is enough? When will the state have control of enough taxpayer money they are satisfied?

Remember, you do not have to sign division orders in North Dakota in order to get paid. If you do sign one, it is my understanding that you agree to their terms and to the percentages they assign to you. Make sure your paper work all jives with what they are sending you. I’ve never signed a ND division order and don’t think I will be any time soon.

Nothing wrong with general staistics, as you say, it gives the runs for the month, the same information you should be able to get off your check stub. If you were looking for a discrepancy between production and sales, you would need to know how much has been produced which does not appear in general statistics.

I find it beneficial to look at historical production, all in one place, month after month, years worth. Having the basic subscription also gives acess to the wellfiles from which you can learn about when pumps are installed, spills and other types of work performed. It’s also easier to look at the neighboring wells and their history. If your well only produced a half month, you aren’t going to learn why from general statistics. If your oil seems to be selling for a much lower price than everyone elses, you can find out who your oil is being sold to from wellfiles and check to see if they are an affiliate of your operator, getting a sweetheart deal, that recirculates more money back into your operators pocket. There is alot you can learn from the basic subscription if you have the desire to do so.

Generally, I just use general statistics to look for sales that ocurred while a well is in confidential status.

Ed, I see your well got a pump in October in the wellfiles, the page with the scout ticket data still has your well categorized as flow. I doubt they are running the pump yet.

Ed your well did amost 3 times the production 2 months before the pump was installed than it did the month after. Usually the pumps purpose is to improve production, and it will for your well too, probably around the end of next year. The pump can be installed anytime from before first production to 4 years after, like some of mine. Just because it is there does not mean it’s in use, it can just bypass. Maybe there was a crew standing with nothing to do. At least you know why you had so few days production in October and you would have had the downtime at some point anyway.

Janie, 53 is probably not the correct range.

Someone may have told you shut in when the proper term would be Inactive, IA .

Janie, wells are shut down while other wells nearbye are fractured, which could mean you are getting yet another well. It can be a very good thing.

The operator is Petro Hunt. It is at Township 153, Range 53, Section 4.