Why is rate so low? SpitFire 0817 - EOG Resources

These mcclain county horizontals are great for the water haulers

1 Like

Charter oak is going to Woodford in 15. 5n 1w. They schedule two long horizontal to the south they say it’s thin in east side

Probably best is the wet gas areas same as barnett

Horizontal wells can have downhole problems that require expensive intervention

Subsurface heterogeity and possibly fauting cause the varied well performance. And the well produces the fluid - a mix of oil and water. But the revenue statement won’t reflect this production because it doesn’t contribute to cash flow and requires the disposal at a cost. Hope that helps.

Could it be because that’s the area where the Woodford is thinned due to erosion by Nemaha Ridge? Less rock, less oil.

How much oil has the Spitfire well produced to date? What is the latest reported month’s production vs the highest monthly production?

East of the Nemaha is a completely different world geologically…

Water hauling is a great business in wayne Oklahoma area right now. 24 7. Lots n lots of produced water and Frac return

How much oil has the Spitfire well produced to date? What is the latest reported month’s production vs the highest monthly production?

It’s made 208kbo. 1800 bopm current vs 12000 peak month.

I don’t know anything about OK, but I can look up #s :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Thank you! I asked because I am aware of a Woodford Shale well in Texas which appears to have a much less pronounced decline curve.

Texas has a higher quality source rock with good saturation. There a shale gas well at eagle mountain lake that just keeps going

1 Like

It would be more helpful if you are more exact in your statement about source rock and name the zones. There are multiple source rocks in OK and multiple in TX. Widely general statements are not particularly useful to the forum community. (Us geologists like to be more precise…)

Ok more specifically the Barnett shale is on average much thicker and more organic than woodford in Okla. Easier to find. Easier to stay in the shale. If the bit comes out of the top of the shale because the bit has a tendency to climb while horizontal it’s very hard to get the bit back down in the shale

I thought Rockhound2 was replying to my Woodford Shale well post with a comment about a similarly performing Woodford Shale gas well.

It just varies. Better prices for natural gas liquids. Wetter the better

1 Like