Looking for advice about DAVID BOWYER

I just LOVE this website because of the help and advice I receive. Here is my latest dilemma. Apparently EQT in 2019 SOLD interests that I am part of to a person by the name of DAVID BOWYER. I never received much in the way of royalties with EQT and they were NOT the best to deal with either. After I kept after them with several emails they informed me they sold to this person. And something about UPPER PORTION OF THE WELLS? Along with that, they told me HE was responsible for any royalty payments. After bugging them more for an address, I wrote a letter with of course NO RESPONSE!!! Looking for suggestions on what I should do next?

Debra: David Boyer , Alma, WV. was assigned the shallow rights to this well if we are talking about the same well and was pooled in the Yurigan 2V-1 South unit. As of December 31, 2019 the well was turned in to line but now is abandoned. Do not think it produced very long or do not know how much it produced. API number for the well is 47-095-02345. Hope this helps.

1 Like

David E Bower 12088 Middle Island Road, Alma, WV 26320-0000 (304) 758-0672 Link to WV Secretary of State website for information on this business organization http://apps.sos.wv.gov/business/corporations/organization.aspx?org=8220

1 Like

Debra,

This one intrigued me so I did some digging. Looks like Mr. Bowyer has been accumulating oil and gas rights since 2001. He stared small through tax sales and has purchased from bigger entities like Antero, Statoil (Equinor), Triad Hunter, etc. That’s pretty significant.

I also found that he’s the “operator” of 51 wells in Tyler County, albeit most of them are abandoned. It doesn’t look like all of them are shallow either. I see some are producing from deeper formations such as the Devonian and Rhinestreet Shales although those are right above the Marcellus.

When will your lease expire or when was the last time that you received royalties? Does your lease have a provision about how long an operator has to make a royalty payment to you?

These are your next questions to pursue in my opinion.

Hope this helps!

Rachel

1 Like

Rachel…you are one HELL of an angel, and God bless you for all the advice. If I was filthy rich, I assure you would be on the team!!! I am SO grateful to you for all you have suggested and helped with. I’m just not as smart and resourceful as legal folks of course, but I feel proud I’ve been able to negotiate on my own, while I’m sure getting screwed SOMEWHERE in those contracts. If you look at the lease agreements on the Tyler County site, it was EQT who SOLD to Mr. Bowyer. Not knowing this until I forcefully had to get them to tell me per hounding with emails, they reluctantly told me they sold to Mr. Bowyer and that I would need to contact HIM for any royalties OWED to me. This is WHERE the buck stopped…have extreme trouble contacting Mr. Bowyer. EQT was a bit difficult to deal with as well, and NOT the greatest with gathering your personal information and following through with royalties. I have NO CLUE about my lease back then with EQT, which I hate admitting, but can go back and look at the papers I signed along with my brothers. I have no problem with you looking at my stuff on the Tyler County website. The lease I just signed 2 weeks ago with Antero was a re-sign lease from the original I signed with StatOIl obviously 5 years ago. That is just one tract the way I understand with Antero. My other interests are with Jay-Bee=THEY are good folks, and very helpful most of the time. EQT DID manage to tell me Mr. Bowyer interest in what they sold to him were “SURFACE” rights??? I just really want to know if I have any legal rights to STOP this or at least get royalties from this “man”…??? Sorry this took so long to reply, but have had a lot going on here at home. Thank you as always.

Thank you SO much!! A bit late in replying, and will try to investigate.

Thank you so much. This is the mailing address I used to contact him with no reply. If you type that address in the US Phone Book, it does not list him as the owner of that property/address…Hhhhmmm!! SO discouraging!! So I will use this link to see what I can find out. If this dude owes us some royalties, I intend to pursue.

2 Likes