Lookin for info-26-8N-7W

Apparently, we inherited some mineral rights from an old uncle. My wife’s aunt is handling the initial paperwork.

It’s in Grady County 26-8N-7W and through the use of this site I found where Travis Peak Resources has been issued a permit. Is there any way to find out when they might start drilling or would we need to go through Travis Peaks to get that?

Just curious to know more.

1 Like

Trailabite,

I would expect some activity soon. The well you reference appears to be a multiunit horizontal spanning 23 & 26-8N-7W, the CHASTAIN 1H-26-23 (API 3505124205). A quick look shows that the well was initially spud 10/12/2017 targeting the Mississippian, but something happened where it doesn’t look like it was completed.

TPR recently filed an ammendment to their application to drill listing the new target as the Woodford with an expected start date of 10/12/18.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, every little bit is helpful at this point.

So, our Aunt sent the paper work back for the “Affidavit of Death & Heirship” around mid June. What’s the next step with this? Does it go in front of a Judge for approval? From conversations that she has had, she thought we would have heard something by now.

Found out yesterday that our uncle supposedly owns all the mineral rights but, the land he owned back then was only 2.5 acres, which I’m guessing by the time everything gets broken out, it won’t amount to much?

1 Like

This is a great place to get info Chuck I have been learning a lot lol

2.5 acres will split up, but if each of you works with the others in leasing, you have more power than alone.

If we are already in a pool, do we have any power to negotiate?

If you have already been pooled and it is 20 days past the order, then no you don’t have any power to negotiate. If you have just received the pooling notice and there is no order, then you can still negotiate. If you have been pooled and have an order and are in the first few days of the 20 days, then you can select one of the options from the pooling order or still negotiate with another company. If you go with another company, you have to get them the signed lease (and you get a check-no draft of 30 days) in time for them to file at the courthouse before the 20 days are up.

I think the pooling was done back in 2017.

Trailabite, If the pooling is that old, then no power to negotiate.

Has anyone seen any movement on 26-8N-7W? Drilling was set to start on 10/21/18.

I see a permit for Chastain 1H-26-23 in October of 2017. I see a notification of Well Spud 10-12-17. By Travis Peak Resources. I see a new amended permit as of 7/12/18. Changed to a Woodford target. http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx

looks like some activity in sec 9 9n 7w. New pad in sec 9 set to start next week or two. This well is I. sec 9 and 4 . Would like to have more info from anyone

Is it in section 9 7 7? That’s what I’d like info about.

9-7N-7W Rebellion pooled that section as part of a multi unit horizontal well. The pooling order was signed on May 17, 2018. Camino will be the operator.

Options were $4250 1/5, $4000 1/5 $1200 1/4. (Mississippian 40%, Woodford 60% of bonus). I do not see a permit yet.

Is there any way to find out if TPR did start on 10-12-18? This is for 26-8N-7W.

Have you or your mother heard anymore on this? Still have not received any letters!

Spud date as per the OCC was 10/12/18. But operations started before that.

No we haven’t Chuck … I told her she should call the Lawyer cause it was getting close to drilling and should have something in writing if they don’t have money to you all by a certain time frame they have to pay Interest…