Leflore County, ok

Let’s skip all the lawsuit stuff for now. That is another lawsuit in which some mineral owners were charged with improper deductions for post production gas costs. Don’t let those big numbers excite you. Unless you own a significant parcel of property, you will not realize much on this. Let’s start with the other issue. I saw your other related post. It is much more important to get into payment status and release suspended funds. Then try to collect on settlement funds due.

Exactly how did you switch this? It may only be the terminology you are using, but you can’t switch a deed. A deed is an instrument of conveyance from one person (or entity) to another. It is not switched or changed. A subsequent (correctly created and executed) document is filed which will effect the transfer to the subsequent order.
A “title chain” Is the string of all of the documents that show each step of the transfer.

Was your grandmother’s estate probated in Oklahoma and did you place an order of distribution with an inventory showing the description on file with the LeFlore County Clerk’s office? Was it in a trust prior to her death and a trustees deed was created/submitted to transfer these to your name?

I don’t know where you could have seen that, but I think you misunderstood something. This is what it says on the XTO website.

Q: What happens when the interest owner of a property passes away?

A: Please contact our Division Order Department at the main toll free number. Upon notifying XTO Energy’s Division Order Department, XTO will send you a letter of instruction, outlining the documents necessary to transfer the interest to the proper heirs or devisees.

Although I cut some of the text out of it this is the relevant part of the other guidance there.

Q: How do I report a change of ownership A: XTO Energy will not process a change of ownership without receiving the request in writing, accompanied by a recorded conveyance document from the record title owner. This conveyance must clearly describe the property to be transferred, along with the conveyance recording information for the county in which the property is located.

Nothing that you do with XTO changes the ownership of the property. That has to be filed at the LeFlore County Clerk’s office. Anything you do at XTO only changes the ownership of that portion of the distribution to be paid to the subsequent owner.

So, before we go forward with the other stuff, let’s work on the ownership some more. What exactly did you do to transfer the ownership (switch the deed in your words)?

What was your grandmother’s name?

What was her state of residence at her death.

Was there a will involved? Or previous conveyance (deed with life estate, transfer on death deed)? Or placed into an entity prior to death? (trust, llc)

If a will, was that will probated in the state of Oklahoma?

2 Likes