Leasing

John:

I'm sure you know as well as anyone else that the world of oil has turned upside down since June of 2014. Another good point here is that it has been often reported that Geo Southern signed some kind of "hands off" agreement with Devon when they sold most, if not all of their leases North of I-10 to them a couple of years ago. Geo Southern is still leasing in Fayette County South of I-10 and I have heard in Colorado County as well; but, to my knowledge, their leases are bad news and the bonus dollars are $300 or less.

One additional point is that the great numbers you quoted above are great numbers and I would hope that some day we will get back to these numbers; but, that was a special circumstance where a couple of companies evidently saw "diamonds" in the tea leaves and they were trying to out bid one another. Both of these companies are in serious trouble now. One of these companies, Sabine has already filed for bankruptcy and the other one, Penn Virginia is extremely close. Their stock price dropped to less than $1.00/share a few weeks ago from a 2013 high of $17 and they have already sold some or all of their East Texas assets just to give them a little more time.

Good Luck!

yep, the times they are a changing!

i was aware of Sabine's failure--one of the concerns we had abt their offer; didn't want to wind up in bankruptcy court figuring our how to allocate any real or potential royalties among all the creditors. haven't been following PVA so wasn't aware of their $ problems and appreciate your update.

thx for the response.