Lease rates and offers in Reeves County, TX

As I understand it, an operator can begin a well outside of their lease area so the turn from vertical to horizontal is made before entering the leased area. This maximizes the horizontal lateral to produce hydrocarbons within the bounds of the leased area. There is no production from the land during the turn so no lease is required, only permission from the owner of the surface estate.

Thank you so much Steve Leker for such valuable information. So it is not possible that from the pad, they would be drilling on my land? If they drill vertical on my property to a horizontal, and where the oil is found, would that not include me as a party to the oil/gas?

I am so confused by all this.

Louise

There may be a drill casing in the ground but I believe it takes 500-600' from the point the drill bit digs in to where the horizontal lateral can be fracked.

my goodness, thank you for such a beautiful picture. Really explains a lot. Would you consider allowing a pad on your land?

Pull the plat and related permit from a horizontal well that you are familiar with. You will see where the first and last take-points are located on the horizontal wellbore and that will show you which section(s) that the production is coming from. Look on web for explanations and diagrams of horizontal wells. The vertical leg is drilled for most of the depth, then the wellbore will curve on both a downward and sideways trajectory until it reaches the depth of the horizontal leg, and then the wellbore will go parallel to the surface. It is not possible to simply drill a right-angle, from vertical to horizontal, as the steel pipes cannot make such an angle. There is no production from the vertical or curve portion - the first take-point will be on the actual horizontal leg. Companies like to drill from an adjoining property in order to start the horizontal leg closer (minimum 200 feet) from section line in order to maximize the producing lateral. You are entitled to surface damages for the well location on your adjacent tract. You can also be paid for the length of the wellbore pipe under your land, until it reaches the adjoining section.

Yes, I would certainly lease a small parcel for a drill pad.

Thank you so much for the information. I certainly appreciate all the help you are giving me. Wish I knew more about all this oil and gas business, but, unfortunately I have lots to learn. I do thank you.

Hi,can anyone tell me,if anything is going on E 1/2 of the NE 1/4 of the NE 1/4 OF SECTION 14,BLOCK 7. IWAS OUT THERE IN JULY.I LET A COMPANY put a pipe line along the edge. The was a road along side it. The road ran to a pumping station or rig. I own 20 acres. I don't know what 20 acres looks like, but tha rig looked awfully close.and i am afraid that they maybe using my property where the area was cleared for pipes is now bein used a a road too the rig. Thank you willliam sweeney

David, I sent you a friend request. I have interest in Block 13 Section 120, not far from you.

Chris 316.200-9855

David, I received numerous offers to lease and or buy our mineral interest. I retained Wade Caldwell, attorney in San Antonio and not only did the process work better but the $ received doubled. I followed their suggestions throughout the process. IMHO, It helps to have pros on your side.

Wade Caldwell has helped me. Highly recommend!!

What would be the advantage for allowing the Pad? And what would be the disadvantage?

Advantage is the revenue on land that is not being used. Disadvantage is that parcel is unavailable for 10+ yrs

Our family owns 100% of the minerals and surface on 400 contiguous nma in Section 40, Block 59. The latest lease expired December 11, 2017, and we have had numerous offers to lease and/or purchase the acreage. It seems as though many companies are going through various "landmen", who are not actually affiliated with the company who would be leasing the minerals. I assume that these landmen may be "shopping" our minerals for a percentage cut or some other form of payment, which may diminish the benefit our family would receive. Should we spend any time working with these independent landmen, or work only with the people actually affiliated with the end lessee?

Tom,

What has been the lease bonus offers for leasing in Block 59. This is mineral-classified (PSL) -- yes? We have 1200 acres not far from you not currently under lease.

Anyone in their travels see any activity on Block c18 section 14 a1473 ?

Mike, MDC Affirm 6 Well #2H Sec 6, Blk C-18, API 389-35559 and Affirm 6 #1H, API 389-36744 Sec 6 were completed and flow testing when I was by about 10 days ago. MDC Secretariat 10#1H API 389-35557 in Sec 10 C-18 is completed but I saw no gas separators or "Christmas Tree" installed. You can check the RRC site to see how close Sec 14 is.

I have 21 acres in section 69 Block 13. I did a lease back in April but i'm getting ALOT of offers to buy lately. Any info on activity or what I should do? Thanks in advance Texans.

Thank you L.C I have seen all the different activity on the RRC site just wondering if anyone knew anything. Hope 2018 treats you well. Mike L

Sean,

Primexx Operating permitted a horizontal well last June in Sections 109 and 108 (right next door to you) but has yet to drill it. Despite existing wells in the immediate area not being phenomenal, I still think this is a pretty good spot in Reeves. Not top tier when looking at the whole county, but still promising. I'd never recommend selling your minerals unless you could really use some quick cash. Keep in mind, you could always sell only a portion of your interest, not all of it. Mind if I ask what ballpark your offers are in? Best of luck.