Oil and gas lease question

Hello everyone. I purchased a small amount of land in Leon County …only 25 acres. How do i go about leasing my land to an oil or gas company

If your name and address are on the deed and it is properly filed in the Leon County courthouse, then landmen will find you if they are interested. The land that you purchased may or may not include the mineral rights. You need to check for that. They may have been severed.

Leasing is all about location, location, location. If minerals are not in an area of interest, then unlikely to get offers.

You can look on the Texas Railroad commission to see if there are wells on or nearby your purchase.

1 Like

Where is your land? What Abstract is it?

Clint

My land is on Golden Acres rd.

Good Morning I had an offer the buy the interest on 25 acres i own. Can you please explain that to me, roughly what is a good offer that i should consider?

We need an abstract number to attempt to give you a good answer. Does the offer include your surface and minerals or just the minerals?

Hello The email offered 80k for NMAs assuming fee minerals, unleashed. This is for 23 acres. GW Rainer survey A-761

This is for 23 acres. GW Rainer survey A-761

Hello The email offered 80k for NMAs assuming fee minerals, unleashed. This is for 23 acres. GW Rainer survey A-761

Until you know exactly how many net. mineral acres you own and have a copy of the lease, if any, no one could give you an estimate. Ask the company making the offer what is the total amount of net. mineral acres you own and the exact total amount that they are going to give you a CASHIER’S Check for at the time you might sign the contract. WHO is trying to buy the rights? WHY do you want to sell?

Your abstract is marked in blue on the map. Note the green dots as those are wells nearby. Your acreage is at the end of that line. Someone may be insterested in extending that play. If so, why would you want to sell?

Here is a zoom in closer.

Where can i get a map like this?

This is from the Texas Railroad commission. The link is: https://gis.rrc.texas.gov/GISViewer/

It opens with the state:

Do a quick check and note what district your acreage is in. You might need it later. Then you can zoom in. You can search by County in the upper left corner to get a bit more zoomed in to your county image I picked LEON.

The map will center to it.

Then use the blue magnifying glass to zoom into your abstract. I picked Surveys since Mike had it. A-761. You can use the slider bar to zoom in and out. The wells only show up when you zoom in a certain distance. You can touch the wells and see a brief description. He did not have any in his acreage, but I chose one nearby for you.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I was able to find my Survey.

Thank you. I wont sell my rights. This information has been very helpful. I will probably look into royalties. Thank you again