Internet resources for mineral owners

Wade this is great - thanks for putting all of this together! I've found an alternative to DI called DrillingEdge.com. Looks like they have Well, Lease, Operator, Production and Permit information for quite a bit of the US.

Thank You

Is there a map showing active mineral right leases. I am trying to understand what if any activity or agreements are taking place in Pecos County, TX.

Thank you - we’ve recently updated the data we track and coverage for mineral owners in Texas.

Texas oil, gas and mineral owner data

Drillinginfo has a subscription that shows leases in a map format but subscription can be pricey. They may have specials for One county subscriptions.

Thanks. Will try to add when I update the article next.

Thanks Wade.

Hey Wade,

Terrific post. For your next update, I would like to let you know we offer another alternative for oil and gas data and valuation services for mineral owners.

Thanks,

Craig

Permian Basin Oil & Gas Interactive Drilling Permit Map

ShaleExperts Permian Basin Active Rig Map

Permian – update through May 2018

" This INTERACTIVE presentation contains the latest oil & gas production data through May from all 16,326 horizontal wells in the Permian (Texas & New Mexico) that started producing since 2008/2009. In this update we were able to include more recent wells, which explains the higher (~10%) production level…

The above presentations have many interactive features:

• The above presentations have many interactive features:
  • You can click through the blocks on the top to see the slides.
  • Each slide has filters that can be set, e.g. to select individual or groups of operators. You can first click “all” to deselect all items. You have to click the “apply” button at the bottom to enforce the changes. After that, click anywhere on the presentation.
  • Tooltips are shown by just hovering the mouse over parts of the presentation.
  • You can move the map around, and zoom in/out.
  • By clicking on the legend you can highlight selected items.
  • Note that filters have to be set for each tab separately.
  • The operator who currently owns the well is designated by “operator (current)”. The operator who operated a well in a past month is designated by “operator (actual)”. This distinction is useful when the ownership of a well changed over time.
  • If you have any questions on how to use the interactivity, or how to analyze specific questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Pretty slick. Are you going to add Culberson County?

In a general discussion post in the MRF today I saw a link to the subscription service ShaleXP. The company’s website has limited free functions, but those could be very helpful to any owner of minerals. One of the functions is an easy to use and visually stunning satellite map with robust oil and gas data overlays. Another allows searches by well and lease names, API #s, etc. "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. "