Internet resources for mineral owners

Permian – update through May 2018

" This INTERACTIVE presentation contains the latest oil & gas production data through May from all 16,326 horizontal wells in the Permian (Texas & New Mexico) that started producing since 2008/2009. In this update we were able to include more recent wells, which explains the higher (~10%) production level…

The above presentations have many interactive features:

• The above presentations have many interactive features:
  • You can click through the blocks on the top to see the slides.
  • Each slide has filters that can be set, e.g. to select individual or groups of operators. You can first click “all” to deselect all items. You have to click the “apply” button at the bottom to enforce the changes. After that, click anywhere on the presentation.
  • Tooltips are shown by just hovering the mouse over parts of the presentation.
  • You can move the map around, and zoom in/out.
  • By clicking on the legend you can highlight selected items.
  • Note that filters have to be set for each tab separately.
  • The operator who currently owns the well is designated by “operator (current)”. The operator who operated a well in a past month is designated by “operator (actual)”. This distinction is useful when the ownership of a well changed over time.
  • If you have any questions on how to use the interactivity, or how to analyze specific questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Pretty slick. Are you going to add Culberson County?

In a general discussion post in the MRF today I saw a link to the subscription service ShaleXP. The company’s website has limited free functions, but those could be very helpful to any owner of minerals. One of the functions is an easy to use and visually stunning satellite map with robust oil and gas data overlays. Another allows searches by well and lease names, API #s, etc. "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. "

1 Like

I found another free feature of the ShaleXP website. One can click on this link Active Oil and Gas Properties in Texas and search for/select a property name [lease name?] and reveal production data and ShaleXP’s “Value Estimations” based on a 0.05 ownership of the property. One may adjust the ownership interest by changing the decimal interest number at the bottom of the Value Estimations box. Reducing the provided map [ - ] gives a sense of where the property is located in a county. For a specific example, this is a link Medusa in Gaines County, TX | Oil & Gas Production and Well Details to Ring Energy’s “Medusa” lease horizontal San Andres well in Gaines county.

These are direct links to Texas counties ## Browse Properties by County in Texas

2019 © ShaleXP.com

3 Likes

This link https://mycpa.cpa.state.tx.us/cong/reportLeaseDropCOForward.do

is a powerful tool and can reveal production which has yet to be posted in the Texas RRC’s Production Data Query and Production Reports systems.

A “Beg Period” of December 2018 would be entered as 1801 and an “End Period” of February 2019 would be entered as 1902

Wade thank you so much you are a God send. I mean that from the bottom of my heart and soul. God Bless you and yours. May you live to see a hundred years old. You answered all my questions. I not in the dark anymore. My family and I are forever in your good graces. Finally we are going to get all the past,presental and future money that’s owed to us. If there is anything I can do for you don’t hesitate to ask. I am a journeyman electrician. You are a stud thanks again. Sincerely, Danny Joe Bussey.

1 Like

And then a light shined down :wink: Thank you.