Interesting message on my voice mail

This is not a scam. The present operator is being changed to a new group. The person that contacted me works for, or is contracted to, the new group. I am now waiting for the legal "stuff" to go through and be recorded with the RR Commission. I have talked to them too. When things are finalized I will update.

Kraut ! I followed this thread closely last year, any updates on what has happened ? Is this the Hawk Unit that includes two wells with the api of 149-30752 (Hawk "A" 1) and 149-33138 (Hawk Unit 1) ?

We had some jackleg no-names try to lease our chalk last May 2017 for $200 an acre in Gonzales. They bragged about how great they were, yet the RRC showed virtually no production for them....they were based out of Texas. They only thing we could imagine they were up to was wanting our Eagle Ford layer, as the terms of the lease stated specifically holding the layer 100 feet below the Chalk, which happens to be the Eagle Ford. We told them to take a hike.

I heard this from him last August 2017. Nothing since.....

("We are starting to gain some interest in the Fayette County Prospect. I hope within the next 3 weeks I can contact you and inform you that we are moving forward.")

I will send him an email to see if he has anymore information that he can share with me.

The email has been sent. Nothing to do now but wait.

Today I heard from my contact and they are indeed working on leasing in the area. I do not care to release anymore info until things are finalized,

I will release some information. Check out the company's track record on the Texas RRC info search page If they have no significant production to show for all their talking I would get a lawyer involved in any lease paper work before you sign it.

here is the Texas RRC search form page.

http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/about-us/resource-center/research/online-research-queries/

You are correct. I believe that they are only in the 'acquiring investors stage'.

I sign nothing without the advice of a lawyer. I learned that the hard way. Finding a lawyer that I trust is a hard thing to do. One in La Grange was the cause of me losing 3/4 of my royalties on a different well in another county.

Thanks for the reply.