Inherited 78 acres of mineral rights

Thank you Kyle! We are waiting for the company to get back to us. They said it may be 2 weeks. When we receive that we may be requesting a phone consultation with you. Just want to get as much information before we do.

Hi Kyle- I am the person who began this thread. I received the initial call on Feb. 18th informing me that I had inherited the mineral rights. The landman/woman said she’d be in touch very soon with a list of things she needed me to do. I haven’t heard a word since- she does not pick up my calls or respond to my messages. I can only assume there has been some complication and she doesn’t want to tell me the bad news? What’s your take? Thanks for your post here. I had found you online and was planning to call your office about representation as I live in Michigan and would need an attorney familiar with West Virginia state law.

Inherited, I have relatives in Michigan. Maybe this will be the same rights my sister and i are inquiring about🤷🏻‍♀️

She’s probably just busy with work. A landman’s project manager often gives them priorities based off the upcoming drilling schedule. If your tract isn’t the next to get drilled, you’ll get bumped back down the line until the landman has some time to get to you. I wouldn’t worry much about it. They’re usually pretty good about getting back to you eventually, even when the news is bad.

Hi Kyle. Thanks for your reply. I heard from another heirship agent on Monday. The case has been passed to her and she is working to get an affidavit to me quick. Apparently HG Energy ll Appalachia is wanting to drill right now. I live in Michigan and am going to need an attorney who knows West Virginian state law as pertains to mineral rights. Thinking of giving your office a call.

I also have a landman asking about my acres in Lewis County and this is new. Have been sent paperwork with a bunch of lingo I don’t understand. Thoughts welcome on a paid-up oil and gas lease and what does sending me a dollar mean.

You need to hire an oil & gas lawyer. If not, you will most likely regret it.

They are probably trying to low ball you. Sending a dollar is shifty and it seems they may be trying to pin you to a contract you did not agree to, which is not legal.

It looks like HG Energy is in northern Lewis county. You can use this interactive map to see where they have current wells. WVDEP Oil&Gas Well Information

If you compare this to the property tax maps, you can figure out how likely it is for them to drill soon and how valuable your lease would be.

But I would still contact an attorney or an O an G manager to make sure your pricing is good.