How to Lose Money by being Stupid

I had considered that, but my deceased wife got the exact same mineral rights as her 4 siblings, and I know that they were all the same size and all got the 25%, that makes it even harder to swallow as if being the “black sheep of the family”! It is not the money loss as much as beating myself up over my careless mistake. How could the 240 owners all have been so much more exactly informed than us 5 that got 20%, hard to understand. I think I will just let it ride and mark it off to being my little mistake.

My hope is that in sharing this information, others will be more able to understand the system and have a successful outcome. If not for this forum, I would probably still be looking in all the wrong places.

@DonFromTexas I’ve got plenty of royalty interests subject to a 12.5% lease. Back in the day, that was the rate. I’m fine with it. A little bit of something, is better than a whole lot of nothing.

1 Like

I beg to disagree, was not paid on a well for almost 10 years, the paid me on another from the exact same lease, and term deed involved one but not the other, upon discovery, i notified them, fast foward 2 years later they finialy agree there title opinion was wrong, they said statue of limitations was 2 years, and since i showed them 2 years prior, they would back pay me till then. This was not a great well so all the big production was in first 2 years, and about 80% of amount owed. Well they admitted they were wrong , but were going to keep 80% of what was owed , becouse there was nothing i could do about it. Yes oil companies lobby for rules and laws to benifit them, most contracts or leases benifit them, and yes they keep a team of attorney’s to cover them when cought. They have one purpose to make money, and the cost of doing business is getting cought once in awhile. One is naïve to think a corperation would never do wrong. One would be wise to never expect them to do right. In my case they stole oil, told me they did it, and said take this small token for catching us.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.