Hockley County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Additional comments on the proposed Green Lantern well from the RR Commission drilling application:

VERTICAL PILOT HOLE WILL BE DRILLED INITIALLY AS EXPLORATORY TEST WELL - LOGGED
& CORED. WELL WILL THEN BE PLUGGED BACK TO KICK-OFF POINT & DRILLED TO
TARGET FORMATION & COMPLETED. SURFACE LOCATION IS 323'FROM LEASE LINE BUT
PENETRATION POINT IS 500' FROM LEASE LINE; WELL DOES NOT FALL INTO THE SWR 37
RESTRICTION GUIDELINES.

Here's a link to view the location of the green lantern well:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33%C2%B026'54.51%22+N+102%C2%B018'20.93%22+W&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sll=36.677726,-95.951278&sspn=0.332068,0.837021&t=h&z=16

Alternately, you can do a search for this latitude/longitude in google earth: 33°26'54.51" N 102°18'20.93" W

your doing good thanks for the links I am in west tex the wt offshore is being reset with a sub at 17000 tomorrow the empresa on proctor 94 is sanded down and is being worked over by titan with nitrogen today think the pump will be set back at about 14000. all of info is not exact but close proctor and the first wt offs is in flow back the second wt hy is wating to be fracked friends of mine are filling frack water pit with about 120thousand b water as of monday only 10 frack tanks on this locatation

New block of leasing activity southeast of Whitharral. They indicate interest in horizontal drilling in the Cline Shale, etc.

The interest is moving farther north. Early interest was in the southeast part of Hockley County.

Where can I find information on this? I am leased just north of Whitharral.

There's no public information on this. A leasing company has a block of specific acreage they are working on for a major oil company (not yet disclosed). I have unleased mineral rights east of Whitharral and a little south that is in their area of interest, and that is the extent of my information at this point.

Just wondering if anything is going on on the Neal lease, seems there is activity going on in hockley Co, I just have no idea what??

Thank you J W. Actually, I am south of Whitharral not north, had my directions turned around .....

Is anyone aware if cog/concho sold their leases in hockley county? Looks like it could have been to legacy reserves operating, lp (file date 12/26/2012).

After reviewing legacy reserves it looks as though they purchase leases that are already producing therefore I do not think that cog/concho sold their non-producing leases.

Does anyone know the latest news regarding the empresa - murphy 61 well?

PPC Operating has a new drill permit for a wildcat 10 miles southeast of Levelland. It's on the 160-acre Muggins Lease in Labor 18 League 21 McCulloch CSL Abstract 154. It's listed as a vertical well with a depth of 10,000 feet. I suppose it's possible they are coring for a future horizontal drill.

I know that PPC has leased up a lot of acreage in the area.

I drove by the GREEN LANTERN well (see below, 10 mi SE Levelland, PPC Operating), and fracking is in progress. Trucks everywhere. They have a big dirt holding area 1 mile north of the well, and had it filled with water. Large aluminum pipe runs down the ditch to the well site.

There have been some interesting developments lately. Cimarex is a big player in the Woodford Shale in Oklahoma, as well as in the Delaware Basin of West Texas and New Mexico; all of this involves horizonatal drilling. Cimarex has a new permit for a horizontal drill 2.5 miles SE of Levelland. It is the Airfield 1-H in section 29, Rusk CSL, Abstract 204.

Also, PPC Operating has leased up large acreage in the last several months. They have a second permit to drill on the Muggins lease 10 Miles SE of Levelland. Both Muggins wells are listed as vertical.

Just for the record, there are still quite a few new oil and gas leases being recorded in Hockley County. There have been well over 150 leases recorded in the last couple of months. The biggest players are PPC Operating and Cimmaron Field Services.

Anyone know what kind of production the Cornebise lease well has that is at hwy 1585 and hwy 385 south of levelland

look to see what is going on on on the murphy if you can I wont be there until next week i hear rig on hole??????

Hello dubose Any updated info on the Murphy well? Thank u

not yet wes

Anyone have news on the Murphy well?