Hilcorp and San Juan Energy Co

I spoke with owner relaltions today 7/1/19 because I received only payment from la plata co…All of wells from san juan and rio arriba are missing…I received a garbled non answer…At 1 point I was told I owe 25000 to them??? [hilcorp] and they are paying it back in increments so owners wont freak out??? Does this sound insane? or what!!! Maureen underwood

Maureen, my Hilcorp payment was odd in June as well. Real decimal interests were used in the statement calculation, so that supposedly indicates an “actual” payment, but the MCF amounts on my high producting wells have been shorted on all of the statements and payments I’ve received since Jan. 2019. One can check these figures with the NM Oil Conservation Division’s website under OCD Permitting-Wells. You will need the API number for each well. The MCF’s are reported for the total output of the well. You multiply your decimal interest against that number to see how many MCF’s are yours then multiply that by the price they report to get the $ amount owed you before deductions. Or call the New Mexico Oil Conservation Division in Aztec and speak to Brandon (505) 334-6178. If you call either of these individuals, make sure your questions are clear and specific.

1 Like

This is my first post so I am not sure if I am in the right section. I am My mothers Durable Power of Attorney and she gets royalty interest checks from Hilcorp from interest in San Juan County. The only paperwork she has is the statements that come with the royalty checks. Does anyone know if I can use that information , Section, township and range , well number in her will or a Transfer on Death Deed?

If that were my situation, I would at the very least consult an estate attorney. You may receive all of the answers you need in one visit and you are not obligated to hire them. There are more people on this list with more experience than me. I have self-educated in self-defense. If there is an attorney on this list, perhaps that person will see your post and respond.

Also, I received royalty interest upon a death and they were transferred by way of a D.O. but the mineral rights had been transferred to my name prior to the death through a deed.

Do NOT sign a new lease or any document with the producer without trustworthy legal advice.

Thank you for your imput. I haven’t called any attorneys yet because we have no money but I guess I should and at least see how much. My mother is 88 and We would like to get this done but I don’t even know what kind of royalty interest it is. I know we don’t handle the lease because no one has contacted my mother. Thanks again for your imput.

I’m fairly sure that if she is receiving royalties, she (or someone she was related to) signed the lease at one point. There has to be a copy somewhere. You can go to San Juan Co. Records and look it up by the property description. And you can get a copy of the lease. That may cost around $3.00 or $5.00. Not exactly certain how much.

If funds are limited, and with Hilcorp, whose are not limited, look to see if any attorney’s in your community will work for a reduced rate. Or sometimes local colleges or universities have a Legal Aide Office and they may help a community member. Call the office of President of the College or University and ask about a legal aide office at their institution.

I just read online that Hilcorp will again not be distributing royalty trust payments for the month of July. I have not received anything for June and now July? I was 100 percent behind the sale from Conoco to Hilcorp in hopes a new smaller company will bring some life into the San Juan Basin…now this ???

Ted, Please direct me to the source of this news. I am on the same page that you are. Ann

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/san-juan-basin-royalty-trust-130000774.html

Thank you, Ted. I am without words to see this happening. Not sure but I think this is outside the boundaries of all forms of agreements made.

A.

Ann what do zou think this means? What does outside the boundries mean? Maureen Underwood

sorry zou means “you”!

How is the san juan royalty trust related with hilcorp energy?

Maureen, I meant that the producers are most likely violating the lease agreements and subsequently breaking the law. Caveat: I am not an attorney and I do not know the agreements that are associated with the San Juan Royalty Trust investment. There could be a clause in the original agreement that gives the producer (s) an option to withhold funds under some circumstances, but that would surprise me and I would be looking to go over that agreement to see what loopholes are in it. Or not in it. I would imagine there would be interest or penalties owed if money is owed and they know to whom they owe it to. If that were my investment, I would be taking a good, hard look.

Hilcorp is the operators of the Trusts interests and they revised their March 2019 plan and said it was costing more then their March plan.

Except for historical information contained in this news release, the statements in this news release are forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the Safe Harbor Provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements generally are accompanied by words such as “estimates,” “anticipates,” “could,” “plan,” or other words that convey the uncertainty of future events or outcomes. (http://www.sjbrt.com/News-Releases/News-Releases) Whatever all that means.

Good to know. Thanks.

I do not belong to sjbr trust. I simply have wells in san juan county and for june and july there has been no payment. So is hilcorp allowed to use wells and not pay? What do you all think?

Maureen, did you get the API number for each of these wells? You might find those numbers on a lease, or a division order you might have. Or look at any correspondence you received when you leased the mineral rights. You need those numbers to efficiently access your wells and to check production. You can look these wells up on the New Mexico Oil Conservation Division website under "OCD permitting wells."If there is production, you should be paid. API numbers in New Mexico are 10 digits long. The first number indicates the state code, the second indicates the county code, and the six digit last set of numbers is the well number. For NM it would be 30-045-xxxxxx(your well number here).

If

thanks Ann I do have all the api[s

Have you looked to see if there is production. All the years the wells have produced will be listed. Click on the year the well went online. Then look at 2017, 2018, 2019, the Hilcorp years. If there is production of MCF’s for the relevant time periods, I think you should be paid. I will allow there may be something I do not understand or know regarding your situation.