Hettinger County, ND - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Hello; new guy here.

My family owns mineral rights in 136-97 & 98, so we slide into Slope Co. as well. We have 3/2 lease with Eagle Oil and Gas. Being a private company, they hold their cards close to their chest. I questioned the landman about whether they would actually be drilling, or whether they would be selling our leases to another company. He responded that eiher was a pssibility. Any current updates onh their activity, or lack therof? Thanks in advance.

Warning C.A. Crouch companies sign leases and in one case assigned 1712.62 owned by the Bobb & Jaeger families in Stark co. He paid the owners less than $400,000.00 and sold them to Romac Energy for $1,88,882.00 in Jan 2011. After he assigned them the families withdrew the leases for non-payment by Crouch. He made over $1.4 million and would not attempt to defend the leases. So it appears he pays partial sells them and represents he they are paid in full. Pretty good pay for committing fraud. And I have copies of cashiers checks of bonus monies he paid. He says it was full bonus they claim partial. Seems fishy he would not defend and force the leases to remain in effect. I am willing to share the proof to anyone in need of the documents.

Part of the lease/title problems exist due to Chuck Crouch and Larry Cox. Crouch had accepted the lease bonus money from Romac/Chk and was selling leases to them. Set closing was for March 1. 2011 yet on Feb. 21, 2011 Crouch sent lease spreadsheet to Cox to sell them to him. End result Cox/Idea filed claims on all the leasehold. Crouch collected over 9.3 million dollars from Romac. I have proof of all wires and yet Crouch never gave them anything in return. Further Crouch was paid by Great Northern to release some of the leases that Romac paid for that were clouded. He put those funds in his pocket knowing it was not his money. Much less its pure corruption as it was a way to bypass the title problems. And also they were subject of lawsuits that was why the lis pendens was on file. Now Great Northern is being sued for their actions.

I have acreage in Hettinger; It looks like gas may be drilled? Thoughts? Got my info from the ND Oil and Gas website recent report on drilling activities (May 2013)

omg. I am seeing Crouch posts here!! We have a story of non-payment too for Stark County. Now our leases are in limbo....

Barb many do not have the facts behind the Crouch leases. Romac Energy out of Longview, Texas contracted to purchase all leases from Crouch. The contract was signed Oct 21, 2010 and Romac recieved a payment from Chk in the amount of $5,000,000.00 which was to be spent toward bonuses. Instead Romac kept the funds and recieved a additional $7,878,301.85 which was spent on bonuses. When it came time to close Romac refused 3 closings in order to retain those funds.

Then Romac filed a breach of contract suit admitting to the payments recieved in Case 2:11-cv-00210-TWJ Eastern District Court Marshall Texas Division. If you like I can provide you copies of the filings and other documents showing their claims. In Febuary 2012 it was discovered Romac had hired the son of the judge that retired but had presided over the case for 6 months they withdrew the case. They then filed in Stark County claiming breach yet Romac failed to close per the contract and then want damages. They have a history of signing contracts and then not closing but in this case they recieved millions in return. They then set up another company Stoneridge Energy and attempted to obtain more ND leases. Romac"s unlaw filings of interest slandered title and damaged thousands of ownerships that were not a part of Crouch leases.

Thanks Roy; I have a whole, fat file titled simply "Crouch." Complicated to the lay person. My two sibilings and myself received a draft check from Wells/Fargo in NC+D which looked legit. Well, Crouch never honored our bank checks. Gave us a regular check for like $1,200. Then another small stipend Aug. 2012. In the meantime, there is this Las Penden suit filed that now we can't resell our mineral rights that is tied up. It was disappointing to receive an actual bank draft check but we were newbies. Any info you can send will be helpful. How can I get your info? THANKS

*Typo: Wells Fargo bank draft from Fargo, ND.

We had a telephone conference call with that Stoneridge Energy; not much came of it other than we are out of luck. Frustrating.

Barb

You can call me and I can provide documents and information. My number is 580-264-1010....

Barb

I located a email from my attorney where he spoke with Romac's attorney Jared Barrett. Barrett admits to turning down the March 3, 2011 closing. He directly interfered with everyone's interest. The closing statement aquired after the fact reflects Romac's prepayment of $5,000,000.00 in which they never returned to CHK.

The primary term on a lease in Hettinger has expired with no word on exercising the option from the Lessee. Do I need to do anything to make sure there is nothing impeding another company from contacting us in the event there is interest in this area in the future?

UPDATE on Romac Energy and the truth behind the scenes. Romac was owned by a family in Florida and unknown to them what was happening. Jeff Thomas of Longview, Texas and Marvin "Wayne" Hartt of Hallsville, Texas were involved in the company. They have both in fact been terminated from Romac,Stoneridge and Goodland. Their attorney Ron Adkison of Henderson, Texas settled the lawsuit with Chesapeake. The confidential settlement was around 8.7 million in which Adkison failed to pay contractual obligations of Romac's. Of course he is hiding like a roach now that he has been caught. And the entire mess could have been avoided had Jared Barrett another attorney from Longview, Texas had not refused to close. I have over 30,000 document to prove these claims should anyone want to validate them!