Hemphill Co property mineral interest help

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2500-Locust-St-Canadian-TX-79014/2111146908_zpid/

http://www.landsoftexas.com/texas/Hemphill-land-for-sale/

Meloni, just where in Texas could you find a similar property for the kind of money they are offering? I think the $25,000 one acre homesite in Canadian is a pretty good guide to what your property is worth.

I like Zillow and Lands of Texas to search for comparables. Study what is offered for sale elsewhere. Remember that you probably will have to pay capital gains taxes. You will want to clear enough to buy a similar property.

Good luck.

I thought that this sort of land is not suitable for building a home? I know I sound dumb, but I know nothing of this stuff..I've lived my entire life in the same town in SC and we don't have all this confusion here...lol. But I will show your links to him when he gets home today. He is going to sit down and write a nice email to this guy and lay out his terms. If he wants it, hes gonna pay for it...and not $550.00.

Do a google search for "property for sale Hemphill County Texas." You will find that the only property for sale seems to be the $25,000 acre. Most of the land in the county is held by big ranches. They just don't sell land. However, I suspect that when it is sold, it is between family members. That, I suspect is a way to pass property to family to avoid inheritance tax. As a result, the values are spurious.

As to the buildibility of this land, notice on Google Earth that there is a real fancy mansion built right across from the golf course. It looks like it is almost finished.

Could you post that link here so I can show it to him? thanks
Robert V. Gill said:

As to the buildibility of this land, notice on Google Earth that there is a real fancy mansion built right across from the golf course. It looks like it is almost finished.

Meloni, it sure looks like someone built a really nice house across the street from the golf course.

1862-BigHouse.JPG (147 KB) 1863-BigHouse2.JPG (103 KB)

Damn, I see it now. I didn't know how to find his property on google earth. I have it on my computer and I was able to find highway 83 and 60, but I couldn't figure how to find his land there? How do u put in the coordinates so you can see his area? I want to do that with all of his land that we know about. I only knew block 42 lot 76, but didn't know how to put that in google earth cause it asks for an address? I really appreciate you "teaching" me this stuff here...:-)

Could you point out where section 76 is on here?
Robert V. Gill said:

Meloni, it sure looks like someone built a really nice house across the street from the golf course.

Meloni, I don't know whose house that is. But it sure looks like it is buildable in that area. It sure is a nice house. It sits on a small hill overlooking the golf course and the river. It has huge windows and an overhang to keep out the sun.

When I first saw it on Google Earth, I thought it must be a school or a library, but the parking was wrong. When I went to the roadway view, I realized it was a private home. The Google Earth view was from January of last year.

If you look at the map that someone posted from the Railroad Commission's website, you will see two plugged wells 31382 and 31498. It seems as if section 76 is between and a little under them.

Good luck with this however you decide to handle it.

We are seriously thinking of selling the surface rights to these 8.88 acres....but maybe not to SAA Properties...

Good luck with that. I suspect anyone you sell to will just resell the property to SAA Properties. For some reason they want your property and they will get it eventually.

So, you might as well hang in there and get the maximum for it.

Just out of curiosity, how did you come to own it? These properties have long histories with the same families. Was it an inheritance from a distant relative?

I believe it was his grandmothers property. I am not sure of the details as they have property in TX and OK, and we are still finding unclaimed money on these properties. I honestly don't have any idea how much they own or where it all is. He wants to sell this particular 8.88 acres to the highest bidder, but he is not willing to sell it for $550 an acre.