Got a lease offer, nervous already

Please everyone, address your reply in your message to the person you are replying to. I know you know who you're replying to, but the rest of us don't unless you address them by name. And, I know my ADD has something to do with my confusion, but not all. And you might be very surprised to know how many people have ADD. Thank you for helping me and a lot of other people.

Still Smiling,

Wes

The answer to the original question: “What is this TEN AND MORE DOLLARS business?” is a right to privacy issue. End of story.

Yes. You would edit out the rest of it. You have no answer, so you misdirect. You call names ( paranoid ), always a sign of a weak arguement, or a weaker mind. I show my name because I will stand by what I say, MST. End of story.

MST said:

The answer to the original question: "What is this TEN AND MORE DOLLARS business?" is a right to privacy issue. End of story.

To Anyone,

I have a subscription to NDRIN $25 per month, but as I'd read awhile back from Lou Wheeler, its WELL WORTH the price to not only see whats happening in your area, but you can view all leases and more. What I've found most interesting is after seeing the messages among this website and how many people apply it towards their leases. Many leases have a single line drawn thru any given part of the contract/lease they do not want honored. It could be they are either very knowledgeable or they've had a lawyer that has advised them to do so.

As for RW Kennedy, I tend to agree that the paid up lease term is a "catch phrase" that some companies may abuse. One lease our family had from 2001 was such a lease. The only "paid up" part we ever received was that initial $10 check. Other leases we've held over the years have been paid as written.

If at all possible, I would recommend to get your lease offers checked by an Oil and Gas Lawyer, not a typical family lawyer that really never deals with O&G. Just like you wouldn't go to a GP when you need a Cardiologist for your heart, you should do the same with your lawyers.

There is so much to learn and understand, but stir a handful of crooked people into the mix, and it gets scary.

Good Luck Dakota67 on your lease.

What? Look at the 1st post, you know, the one that started this thread. Here’s a clue, it ended with a question. A question, not questions. And what was that question? Yes, paranoid fits you quite well, deal with it. Are you questioning my manhood?

r w kennedy said:

Yes. You would edit out the rest of it. You have no answer, so you misdirect. You call names ( paranoid ), always a sign of a weak arguement, or a weaker mind. I show my name because I will stand by what I say, MST. End of story.

MST said:
The answer to the original question: "What is this TEN AND MORE DOLLARS business?" is a right to privacy issue. End of story.

Dakota 67 was asking about more than ten dollars or more, or he simply would have written that. You aparently can’t get over the 4th line. What is this TEN DOLLARS AND MORE BUSINESS ? If you read the first part, you would know what that BUSINESS entailed. I still contend that name callers in debate are the weak and feeble minded. To answer your last question. Your doubts are your own problem.

MST said:

What? Look at the 1st post, you know, the one that started this thread. Here's a clue, it ended with a question. A question, not questions. And what was that question? Yes, paranoid fits you quite well, deal with it. Are you questioning my manhood?

r w kennedy said:

MST said:

I’m sure you meant argument, but of course in your mind, your spelling is correct. You’re just a bitter, paranoid old fellow, some people are like that. Sorry it has to be you. Life would be much more enjoyable if you weren’t such a pessimist. Take that for what it’s worth.

I mispelled nothing. Arguement vs. debate. If you are saying I chose the wrong word, you would be critical of my grammer or syntax not spelling. I would say please stop; I don’t want to watch you grenade any more, but at this point you are going to do it anyway. Take that for what it’s worth.

MST said:

I'm sure you meant argument, but of course in your mind, your spelling is correct. You're just a bitter, paranoid old fellow, some people are like that. Sorry it has to be you. Life would be much more enjoyable if you weren't such a pessimist. Take that for what it's worth.

MST, Mr. Kennedy,

I'm kinda new here and maybe I have no say in what happens here, although I believe we are all equal in the eyes of the forum moderator. I hope I can make a difference in what I say here. I'm old enough I shouldn't have to raise my hand to speak. 69 is my age.

I sure would like to get back to the topic. I came to this forum hoping to learn, not listen to two smart, grown men argue about spelling and who's right. There are facts that should be displayed. Please let everyone know when we're ready to discuss the topic.

Thank you very much,

Wes

Wes, sorry for getting off topic, it just gets frustrating when people are wrong and can’t admit it. I guess you can’t change ignorant once it’s already formed. I’m done with this thread.

Wes Luke said:

MST, Mr. Kennedy,

I'm kinda new here and maybe I have no say in what happens here, although I believe we are all equal in the eyes of the forum moderator. I hope I can make a difference in what I say here. I'm old enough I shouldn't have to raise my hand to speak. 69 is my age.

I sure would like to get back to the topic. I came to this forum hoping to learn, not listen to two smart, grown men argue about spelling and who's right. There are facts that should be displayed. Please let everyone know when we're ready to discuss the topic.

Thank you very much,

Wes

I think I can recognize what at least one small issue is here:

Wasn't it Bernard Shaw who said that "The English and Americans are two peoples separated by a common language"?

And I don't know who MST is, but it should change it's initials to PMS... more fitting.

Night, Boys -

Ignorant, doesn't know the difference between spelling and grammer /syntax. But I'm sure they aren't wrong about that either. Or if they did realize, they could never admit it. Probably not smart enough to realize it though. I will leave it at that. Dakota67 I hope I answered your question. This little exchange may have revealed something about some landmen also, call it a bonus.

Dakota67,

After all that went down, do you feel you got an answer? If not why not continue the discussion?

Wes Luke

This thread is becoming mean spirited…Please be kind and thoughtful to each other…We are here to be helpful.

Before I came to this site, nearly all of my experience with landmen had been bad. When I have explained my problems with landmen, other landmen have said words to the effect of one or a lone rogue landman. That is not the case, there were no less than 5 from one company that are involved in perpetrating fraud against my brother and I. After dealing with us for 8 months [ we have copious evidence ], because we live out of state, they felt safe to go to court and set up a trust claiming they couldn’t find us, we still have family in the area but they got the court to wave notice. They then signed a very lowball lease with that trust. There are 4 good wells there now. It took me some time to convince my brother that we can’t just let this situation continue. My brother finally agreed and we will be in court on this matter soon. I signed a lease with one oil co in 2008 and was never paid. I had thought the lease had failed for some reason, as the bank draft for a paltry sum [ it was less than my take home pay for 1 week ] was not honored. When working on the fraud matter I happened to look at the GIS survey map and saw several wells on my minerals. I called the oil co thinking we would work something out, I was thinking I should be paid market rate for lease of my mineral acres and all would be fine. No. Their position was that I had executed the lease worded such that I admitted to being paid by signing the lease. They maintained the lease was valid and they didn’t even owe me the agreed signing bonus from 2008. Their landman maintained this and also their VP for land. I said I would see them in court. They then offered a ratification and they would pay what I originally would have accepted. No. I am not dealing with these people. I do not suffer being lied to, certainly not where money is concerned. The landman for the company asked if I would speak with their CEO, and I agreed. He offered what I thought was a reasonable sum, but I told him I would have to think about it. I was asking myself if I want to deal with a company that I had to go all the way to the CEO to find an adult. I was inclined to accept the CEO’s offer. The carrot looked sufficient, then the CEO called to show me the potential stick, I suppose, to get me off the dime. The problem was that he lied. He said that if I didn’t accept the offer immediately he would petition the N.D. Oil and Gas Commission for a 300% risk penalty. N.D. stipulates that someone who owns mineral rights is subject to a 50% penalty. If you hold the rights through LEASE, you may be subject to a risk penalty up to 300%. In short, he lied, and did not have to wait for my answer, NO. I received the release of that lease last week. I think they should be done drilling the third and starting on the fourth well soon. They could have had a lease. The company involved in the case of fraud could have had a lease. Not for the $75 per acre and 1/6 they offered in early 2008, in the then, flaming hot McKenzie co with oil over $120 a barrel. We would not accept their offer so they committed fraud, setting up a trust, claiming they couldn’t find us. They could have had a lease. Finally the speculative lease company that I signed with, didn’t honor the draft. I had thought they decided not to lease me after all. It was a considerable amount of money involving McKenzie co N.D. acres in early 2010. But as before, I discovered while researching the fraud case, that they had recorded the lease for which they haven’t paid. There are good economic producing wells involved here also. I don’t see what the problem is with paying the signing bonus for prime oil producing mineral acres that you record leases for. The oil is there. You could turn loose a chicken and drill the first place it poops and have a good well. There are about to be 9 or ten wells in this mess, with more on the way, some have produced for years, and I have never received a penny, yet. Is it any wonder that I may be mistrustful of landmen, oil co’s and leasing co’s? I have read the words of many landmen on this site and I am certain that they are the kind of people I wish I had done business with in the past. But there are others out there, and as long as there are, I will not stop recommending extreme caution. I don’t think anyone is out to get me. They just want to cut a slice off of what I own without paying for it. I will not subscribe to the lone rogue landman theory, especially when the N.D. Attorney General has to order a co like Bakken Exploration LLC to cease and desist operations in the state of N.D. because of systematically not paying the people they get to execute leases. I hope I have not offended the good landmen of this site, as that was never my intent. I appreciate the time and advice you have freely given on these forums. I would be nowhere near as close to the resolution of the issues stated above without you. Thank you! Sincerely, R.W. Kennedy

Dakota67, I wanted to personally apologize for getting in this little spat. I also wanted to let you know that I’ve been a landman for almost 16 years, I deal with this every single day. I was a licensed real estate agent for 3 years prior to that. My father is & has been a practicing attorney for 40 years and my younger brother is and has been a practicing attorney for approximately 13 years. I am also a mineral owner. I hope you find, or have found the information that you’ve been seeking. Sorry again & good luck.

Robert,

I can't even imagine going through what you have. You must be one strong personality to deal with it. I hope your troubles are behind you, or soon will be.

Wes Luke

MST,

I'm sorry I didn't see your reply before now. But, you have apologized to Dakota67 and to me, and neither of us needed or wanted an apology. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, only what I would have done in your place, and that is to apologize to the person who deserved it. Have a great day.

Wes

Good Gawd,

If the company needs privacy that bad they file a Memorandum of Lease. That ensures privacy. I am working on a do all end all ND lease form with payment schedule to be redacted prior to filing and after payment. That should make every body happy. By the way, the edited form will be uploaded AT NO COST here, for the benefit of our midWestern States landowners.