Gonzales County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I think the buda has potential but it still is a tricky completion design that even still can stump eog on wells. Just as always use caution and on a horizontal always push for 25%

Alexandra:

Send me a friend request and I can send a lot of information on these guys and what I perceive to be their plans.

Mapping is the word that is listed on all four of the well permits and IMO, mapping is another way of saying these are exploratory wells just to verify what's down there. They will learn a lot from analyzing the core samples and then have a better idea how to approach their overall plan. Of course, these might be mapping wells; but, that sure doesn't mean they aren't going to do their best to get the best production they can as well.

Thanks, Bigfoot, will do.

So, I have an interesting opinion by a landman to relay. I spoke with a landman at Tracker Services, which is leasing mineral rights on behalf of Enervest Oil in the area northeast of Waelder and just west of Fayette County. I mentioned to him the offers of $1,300 bonus and 25% royalties that some people in the Waelder area are talking about. He said that type of offer is being made by people hoping to flip the lease and sell it to Enervest or another oil company. However, he said that unless Enervest were getting 5,000 barrels of oil a day from a well, it wouldn't consider leasing with terms of $1,300 bonus and 25% royalty. I don't have any independent info about this other than what the landman told me.

So, I'm going with an attorney that a few of you recommended. He'll be negotiating with the landman, and, hopefully, he'll negotiate up the landman's offer of a bonus of $700 for 3 years, with a second bonus of $775 for an additional 2 years, plus 20% royalties. Also, we hope to make other terms of the lease more favorable. Will let you know.

Thanks for all your help--you've really helped me to get oriented.

clint, have you heard anything in regards to a-36 byrd lockhart?

K J,

Sorry but I have heard nothing.

Clint Liles

Any more offers in the Nixon area for oil companies picking up leases that has expired? If so I still my land up for lease if company is interested and would like to talk more about it

I have land for lease in Nixon Texas if anyone is looking for a place to park, office out of or just needs more space. Call 8302998735 if interested. land located off 87 and 2922 close to town, but out of city limits.

Anyone have information about the Austin Chalk leasing going on in Gonzales county May 2017 ? I am hearing of companie(s) looking to lease Austin Chalk for horizontals, but in the process asking for "100 feet below the lowest producing layer". Assuming the Austin Chalk is what they plan to produce from, 100 feet below it is a good portion of the Eagle Ford Shale.

The following is a sponsored (paid) promotional notice:

If you own minerals in Texas or New Mexico, consider attending the NARO – Texas convention in San Antonio July 18-20, 2018. They have a great agenda, good speakers, and the cost is reasonable. This year also includes a special session for New Mexico mineral owners. The current agenda draft is attached, and a link to their signup and information page is http://www.naro-us.org/event-2824234

Attachment: 2018-04-30%20-%20NARO-TX%20Convention%20Agenda%20%28Hyatt%29%20invite.pdf