Gas well has no production, no royalty payments for 2= years

Thanks Rick for the details and comparisons, I never thought about IHS and will take a look. Still haven't figured out why setup is running in the background but jintiator is not loading. OCC said they are working on getting away from it, this year, or next, or......

Thanks,Pete.I will go to the courthouse and dig up the lease and see what is going on.They can't get the former operator or gas purchaser to return calls,so they may have to try to get the lease back.Bob

Pete Wrench said:

Hmm, I smell an OGL with no Pugh Clause that is HBP from acreage in the same OGL. If that were the case, the OCC could say it is HBP even if there is no longer production on the Subject Property or even if there never was production on the Subject Property. Just a theory since I have not read the OGL. Good luck.

My friends-I think we are getting this narrowed down.I talked to my friend this morning and after several calls, finally found the "current producer" who has walked away from this lease.She said the young man on the other end had inherited a huge stack of folders he was working on concerning mineral owners with the same problems in the area, and would get her an answer as soon as possible.OCC said they would once again contact the rep in Enid to check this out.I think if there was a physical visit the first time, the rep would have seen there was no production happening and the gas meter had been removed 3 yrs ago.The OCC website showed no gas production since July 2010, so that should have raised some eyebrows on the initial investigation!I have encouraged them to go ahead and file for non-production.If the wheel doesn't squeek, it won't get greased!Got the original lease from 1954, and it covers the NE 1/4 only.Thanks, Bob

Pete - see my last post .Thanks, Bob