Fayette County, TX - Oil & Gas Lease

Thanks for the information. They were including me in a unit 3 years ago..then the oil price tanked so I am hoping they move forward this time.

Not much going on here on the forum... So I thought I would ping it... Anything going on in Fayette Co?????.... Not much activity around Muldoon. For Sure

Darrell:

Long time no hear! Nope not anything going on North of I-10; but, just a little better the last couple of weeks than it has been for about three years. The only tid bit of information, I have heard is that one of the groups that did some leasing in the Cistern area made some calls and may be interested in pulling a crowd together to discuss the possibility of leasing. One second hand call and one call that was at least three level deep, so not much; but, more than we have had. If I hear anything else, I will send up a smoke signal. $65 crude prices could help stimulate some interest.

Thanks for the inquiry.

TRI-C has sent me a lease offer. 700/20%. Hwy 95, 3 miles north of I-10. Not sure if they will negotiate, but there are several things in the lease that I will not sign. Shut-in clause with no end is one. Probably take it to Mike Steinhauser and get his opinion.

Mike Steinhauser has negotiated with Tri-C, and he has an approved lease with them. The only thing with Tri-C, the stunt they pulled last summer, was to sign up quite a few people who used Mike...people came and signed the leases, but Tri-C waited until November to pick up the leases and pay. Might want to ask Mike if Tri-C will be paying promptly or not.

Also--as far as I know this is their best offer...most people over the summer only received $600.

Rock:

Thanks for the followup information. Not exactly sure where three miles North of I-10 is but, the closer the property gets to Burke Road, the closer it gets to the Steinhauser shallow well field that Mike Shellman and his predecessors have been producing for many years. I have a place about three miles North, as the crow flies, so maybe this will be a good start. I had a lease with Geo Southern back in the good old days and they seemed very interested in putting in a pad; but, all hell broke loose and that lease died in December of 2015.

Mike did our Tri-C lease and the 700 was negotiated up by Mike from 600. Tri-C is very firm on their $ numbers. Or at least they were two months ago. They paid us immediately.

Tri-C has yet to record any leases in fayette county. AW-- did everyone on the 125 acres lease to Tri-C ?

Yes

Tri-C is also trying to lease along Darilek road, but some of the people I know there are saying no, since it is a small company. these people use to have Sanchez leases...they might be blocking any unit Tri-C wants to do

Tri-C does not currently have any P-5's in their name filed at the Railroad Commission. Apparently they are not operating any wells and have no drilling permits.

Hey ML, would you per chance have a number for a land man for Tri-C....would appreciate.

Tri-C Resources has paid for some leases in Fayette county recently, but again nothing recorded. Last Fayette county recording was around 1991 ? the company has been around since 1985, and their website says they have drilled over 750 wells...and you can see a map of their areas on their website. There is a small amount of available acreage where Tri-C leased over the summer and fall of last year...it is basically south of Praha going south to the county line just south of Prost O unit. Since tight oil took most of the acreage to the east of this Tri-C only has a few tracts to pick from to make a unit. And they told the people they are leasing from that they are going to drill the lower Eagleford. So, with that in mind the people with tracts along Darilek road which would be the south end of the unit Tri-C is trying to put together must get leased by Tri-C to have enough acreage to make a unit there. That is why I guess they are eyeing some tracts by Flatonia, someone had brought up in a previous post.

call

(713) 685-3600

you need to let them know where your tract is at, and what survey. They will get you in touch with the person for your area.

I think that would be a shame. IMHO, Tri-C and Sanchez are fairly similar operators except one public, one private. Nothing will change to the west heading down Darilek, blocked by Sanchez existing units, nothing to the north, blocked by Sanchez unit O. I'm not sure the folks just between FM 1295 and existing units can be picky. They might be drawn out of the unit as there is a whole lot more room to work heading to the east than the west.

Ray Hawkins

Petroleum Landman

Crew land Research

Results of the EOG Tonkawa Hz AC well in far north Colorado County should have impact on what happens along trend in Fayette County. Word is that EOG is planning a second well in this area - a positive sign?

This activity is part of EOG's widespread effort to evaluate the AC trend for Horizontal drilling and fracture stimulation as they follow up on their very successful Karnes County Hz AC Frac core area. They have put together a very large acreage position along trend in Louisiana chasing the same play concept.

3536-EOGAChz.pdf (616 KB)

I stand by my previous statement. No current P-5's means they are currently not operating or drilling any wells in Texas under this name. Maybe they contracted with another operator to drill and operate, but currently nothing is under their name.

Rock Man

You may already know this, but EOG didn't come out of the closet and take over as operator on that Tonkowa well until late last year. Until then it was all in the name of Pallas and was just a deep vertical research well.

In December EOG got a permit approved making them the operator and adding a horizontal leg to that original vertical hole. Nothing has been filed regarding a second well, but like you said it seems like a positive sign they moved forward on that lateral.

The completion report filed in November on the vertical Tonkawa hole was "well record only", no test results, but showed it went all the way to the Glen Rose at 15,400' TD. It showed over 300' of Austin Chalk, starting at 14,296', but only 32' of Eagleford. They called it a shut-in producer but said that nothing was perforated. Maybe somebody in that area can say if they are drilling again.

Dusty,

Thanks for your comments. EOG has taken this stealth approach in their Louisiana properties along trend. Plus it is something that they have done in other areas. Odds are the Pallas vertical was a science well where EOG got whole core and sophisticated logs in targeted intervals to analyze prior to determining whether or not to go horizontal as well as where to go horizontal.

On the ground observations would help here - are there tanks on location? Is there another new location nearby for the rumored new lateral?