EUR and depletion curves for royalty owners

Chris, my mistake, spent too much time messaging people on the other side of the world lately.

Should have been days 31, bbl oil 2513, bbl oil sold 2839, bbl water 448, 4042 mcf gas produced, 3882 mcf sold, 160 mcf flared..

Sorry about that. It's amazing what a nap can do. I know the correct gas oil ratio will be vital to your calculations, as they are for my off the cuff evaluation. I tend to stop seeing the gas numbers because they have little effect on my check from these wells although the gas is extremely rich, there just isn't enough of it. I'll be interested to see what you come up with now that I have finally and "correctly" given the information.

Chris Pice said:

Want to make sure - top row: days (31), bbl oil 2513, bbl water 2839, mcf gas sold 448, mcf gas produced 4042. Leaves two more columns, 3882 of ?, and lastly 160 of ?. Did I get that right? Thanks!

r w kennedy said:

Sorry chris, the first column is days, followed by bbl oil, bbl water, mcf gas sold and mcf gas produced.

Chris, when you two are done are you able to analyze a well south west of our land in Saskatchewan. Canada? Or must it be our well?

Lori B, short answer is yes, if you can get your hands on some real production (monthly) for preferably 18 months in length.

R W Kennedy, email me at cpierce@betazi.com. I have your rather interesting decline curve. Thanks!

r w kennedy said:

Chris, my mistake, spent too much time messaging people on the other side of the world lately.

Should have been days 31, bbl oil 2513, bbl oil sold 2839, bbl water 448, 4042 mcf gas produced, 3882 mcf sold, 160 mcf flared…

Sorry about that. It’s amazing what a nap can do. I know the correct gas oil ratio will be vital to your calculations, as they are for my off the cuff evaluation. I tend to stop seeing the gas numbers because they have little effect on my check from these wells although the gas is extremely rich, there just isn’t enough of it. I’ll be interested to see what you come up with now that I have finally and “correctly” given the information.

Chris Pice said:

Want to make sure - top row: days (31), bbl oil 2513, bbl water 2839, mcf gas sold 448, mcf gas produced 4042. Leaves two more columns, 3882 of ?, and lastly 160 of ?. Did I get that right? Thanks!

r w kennedy said:

Sorry chris, the first column is days, followed by bbl oil, bbl water, mcf gas sold and mcf gas produced.

I have yet to see a decline rate that is not interesting, even if it's exactly the same as all others in the area.

Lori, Were you able to get your hands on the production information? If not, I can grab it for you and send it over (just PM me the location).

The only thing that bothers me is that he is referring to a depletion curve and the industry refers to it as a decline curve.