Eog new production still in suspense

Thank you all for updating me on the terms of PRSA.

Mr. Pfisch, thank you. Daddy was a character, for sure. I hope you are well.

EOG just paid one month 12% interest to us for production in 12/2018 at the Galaxy 1 well - just North of Warhawk. I did send a Certified letter asking for this interest.

For the Warhawk the last excuse I got was that they are waiting for Title Opinions before DOā€™s are sent. I will send a request for interest when a DO for Warhawk is received. The interest payment for the Warhawk would seem to be more than one month for the #1 well at this point. #2 and #3 seem to be on-time so far as First Sale for those 2 is 9/28/2019 ā€” so we may see DOā€™s in the next month or so ?

Still waiting for Payment or DO for the Warhawk

This has probably been said above but make sure the company has your IRS form W-9. They have to pay in Oklahoma even if you refuse to return a division order. Also, waiting on title opinions is not a title defect. Therefore if title was good at first sale you would be entitled to the 12% interest.

DOā€™s for EOG 's Warhawk 0631 have arrived!!!. I lined through most of the clauses that didnā€™t apply and sent them back. Itā€™s been 15 months since first sale for #1 less ( 8 months ) for #2 and #3 ā€“ so will start asking for interest after first Royalty payment is receivedā€¦ and of course there will be the realization (shock) that I agreed for no deductionsā€¦ just goes on and on ā€” hopefully by years-end we will have it under controlā€¦

Bud, just use the NADOA Model Form Division Order, donā€™t bother striking their clauses. They must accept it and remember to note in the witness section that Oklahoma does not require witness by statute or regulation. I also suggest specifying minimum payment of $25.00. You can search the forum for other comments. https://www.nadoa.org/forms/div_ord.pdf

Wesley,

Does Okla law apply if the owner lives in Texas, and the lease is in Okla?

If the minerals rights are in OK, then OK law applies.

1 Like

Ok. Iā€™ve just got 4 DO for the WARHAWK wellsā€¦who can help me from being cheated? Grandpa owned lots 1,2&3 of sect. 31, 19n, 4wā€¦sold keeping 1/2 minerals and leaving half to my dad and half to uncleā€¦dad split between me and brotherā€¦

So I own an 1/8?..or about 14.2acres?

Leased years ago at 3/16ā€¦

Sect 36 gets less than sect 6?..by survey?

How do I check DO % AND GET 12% money?

Sorry for ignoranceā€¦Robison chain of title

31 10n 4w Sorry old fingers

The original deed net acres would be key. Did he own all of lots 1,2 3 or a percentage?

If you are in 31-10N-6W. The lot total for those three lots is 115.85 acres. If he sold half, then he kept 57.925 acres. Half again is 28.9625 acres and half to you and your brother is 14.48125 acres. Land Status Record Details - BLM GLO Records

The equation for the Division order should be: net acres / spacing acres actual x royalty x % of perforations in your section. Section 31 is not 640 acres. It is 634.76 14.48125/634.76 x .1875=0.00427758 is the first part of the equation. Each well is slightly different in length and perforation amounts.

You can find the surveys for the Warhawk wells on the OCC Well records site. Look in Sec 7 since the surface location is there. Test Sometimes you get lucky and they put the splits on there, sometimes not. The operator reports them to the OCC and a final order is released giving the splits for each well. You should have gotten them in the mail. They should match the splits on the division order (which hopefully, they gave.) They are given in case 201804649-Warhawk 1H, 201902751 Warhawk 2H and 201902753 for Warhawk #3H.

Warhawk #1 may be 14.48125/634.76 x .1875 x .49269311= 0.00210753

Warhawk #2 may be 14.48125/634.76 x .1875 x .495943004= 0.00212144

Warhawk #3 may be 14.48125/634.76 x .1875 x .495607541= 0.00212000.

If it doesnā€™t match, I may have a typo, you may have less than the acreage you think. It if does match, then sign it, add your W-9 and ask for $25 min instead of the $100. I prefer using the NADOA form instead of a company form since they have to accept it and it does not change the terms of the lease.

Do that first, then to claim interest. I look up each completion report and note the first sales date for each well. I send a certified letter return receipt asking for the statutory interest due listing each well name and first sales date.

Good luck!

Thank you, M_Barnes Do I simply transfer the info from the EOG form to the NADOA form? What lease terms are the trying to change? I sure donā€™t want to mess something up after waiting so long.

My preference it to provide them with a W-9 (tax information) and place to send the checks. In Oklahoma you are not required to sign a Division Order under statutory and case law. They must pay even if you refuse to return a division order. I typically provide the law, and a letter stating demanding payment under the lease and statute. Get the W-9 back to them right away.

You can use the NADOA form and transfer the information from the EOG form.

You can also use Richardā€™s way.

Some companies have tried to add post production charges back or other charge into a Division Order hence the development of the NADOA form which does not allow any changes to the lease.

1 Like

Is the HULL V SUN REFINING AND MARKETING CO. 789 P. 2d 1272 (1989) the proper case to quote if one uses the letter method?

I also am sending in the NADOA DO form for the three WARHAWK wells. Do I need to specify a specific OKLA statute or regulation to omit the witness signature? or mention OK statute ?

The NADOA form is sufficient. Be sure and send your W-9.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.