Electrical power line easements requested

Melissa…

I KNOW the family of deceased Congressional Representative Richard C. Slack in San Antonio and Austin that owns that land on the north side of TxDOT yard there on the west side of FM2903 where it passes over IH-10. Are you part of that family?

,Reeves county, Tx :sunglasses::rofl::rainbow::ribbon::heart:

It must be next to us. McDonald and Cahoon own land next to us. McElroy (?) Energy baught mineral rights from my sister in 2005. (Approx 20 a.c.) Whynacth( sorry for spelling) owned adjacent land. They apparently grazed cattle on it years ago and there was some legal tiff over squatters rights. My grandfather bought the land in 1910 when he lived in Texas worked for Atcheson,Topika and Santa Re.

McElroy still has big ranches north of Alpine. Don Weinacht owns land there at that intersection and is bounded on the south side by the Humphries ranch and the Balmorhea cemetery. Weinacht and Johnson own the land directly north across IH-10 at the intersection of FM2903 and IH10 on the west side of FM2903. That’s where Apache is building that 700 man Mancamp there now. Between the TXDOT yard and the off ramp of IH10 on the northwest to FM2903 is a strip of land about 400 feet wide and a mile long to the west that belongs to Richard C. Slack’s heirs. The off ramp of IH10 from the west is on their land. That would be a great location for a Truck Stop/convenience store with groceries, hardware, clothing, drugstore/pharmacy, and either a motel or a trailer park…maybe both. Still…no one I’ve ever been able to turn up who knows the land owners in that area around the FM2903 and IH10 ‘cloverleaf’ intersection have ever heard of Avery owning any land there. Guess you’re gonna have to search it out at the Reeves County Tax Assessor and Appraisal District’s offices on Oak street in Pecos.

, Reeves county, Tx :sunglasses::rainbow:

Yes, it’s the land that contains the clover leaf. We have a contract for the mineral rites with Apache. Contract has stipulations about Apache using top of the land, so I am not sure we could lease it to someone to put commercial there. Further down on the tract, other persons property, they have leased for a cell tower. My sister sold her mineral rights for 20 a.c., but still may own the dirt. In county tax record my brother Dr. parke Avery pays tax for the entire parcel. 74 a.c. I think.

Melissa,

Don Jones from Balmorhea told me that Richard Slack made a deal when IH10 came through there specifically so he could put commercial buildings on the south side exit for east bound traffic on IH10 to FM2903…so it should still be available to the heirs for commercial structures. Don Weinacht has a truck stop with fueling station and Uncles convenience store on his property on the south side of IH10 where TX State Hwy 17 intersects with IH10…and he’s got a long term lease with Uncles convenience stores. If he can do it, and he’s made it lucrative for himself, then your family should be able to do it as well with other chain stores. I’d recommend Main Street Market corporation with their one stop shops…has a grocery store, clothing store, hardware store,pharmacy and a Western Sizzlin’ Steak kiosk and a Subway Sandwich kiosk plus the fuel stop for diesel and gasoline for trucks and cars…and they could put in a trailer park there as well…it’s a better location than what Weinacht has down the highway to the east of that intersection. Weinacht said he had a 10 year renewable lease with Uncles on his property and a little bird told me his rental fee is over $48,000/month. He has a bar, steakhouse, and trailer park adjacent to that property but independent and he does very well off that little complex as well. You guys could make that intersection property pay very well. Go for it!!

, Reeves county, Tx :sunglasses::rofl::rainbow::ribbon: