Elbert County Colorado Lease Offer

Yes, they are not farther west and are not interested in the the smaller acreages yet. I have seen where they are still leasing acreages further east and south in Elbert County though. I agree with you that if the test wells are good and seismic looks good, things will pick up again. It's kind of slowed down in the area after the first of the year. Companies are starting to lease only in certain areas now, except Chesapeake.

Lisa said:

Is GFL (Lario) out of the mix? I think I did hear that they quit leasing for the time being. I believe they have begun some seismic down south recently (Elbert County I think), and we got a letter stating that Anadarko in conjunction with Lario would be seeking to do the seismic on our property (Arapahoe/Elbert County line) very soon. Lario filed for permits in northern Arapahoe County just a few days ago to do test wells. So, I think if the news from the seismic and the test wells are good, things should further pick up in the Dougco/Elbert area.

Debbie said:

Actually, the 320 Colorado State mineral acres that went for $2200 per acre in the state auction held Nov. 18th, are in Douglas Co. The legal desc. is T6, R65W, Section 16. It is located between Buckboard Rd/Delbert and E. Parker Rd/Delbert, then 1 mile to the west of Delbert Rd. The terms of the lease are on the Colo. State Land Board website http://trustlands.state.co.us/Sections/Minerals/Pages/Auctions.aspx as the lessees have to use the state's lease (the lease is not on the page I just posted, but if you look around on the website, you can find it). Bonus is usually more for state lands because royalty is only 1/6th and they don't have as much liability with the state as with individual homeowners, but does definitely set a price range in the area.

So far, no one seems to know who Front Range Development represents. I have not seen any other lands leased by that company other than state lands.

The Renegade well is vertical only, not horizontal and they are interested in the D and J Sands. However, they may do some testing in the Niobrara. They have a couple of others in Arapahoe Co.

If anyone has been contacted by an oil company in the last month other than Chesapeake, it would be helpful information for the people in the area. Chesapeake doesn't seem to want to negotiate with smaller land owners, nor deal with landowner representatives, plus they use a 90 business day payment order (4 1/2 months), now with language that states "a prior unsubordinated mortgage shall constitute a title defect and is basis to render title unacceptable". Not sure why anyone would sign that.

Debbie

Don Jones said:

YES,that section is in Elbert between CR29 and CR 21 North of Singing Hills(166) on Running Creek Ranch. Sections 16 are set aside for the state. And thanks to Donn for correcting the "sand and gravel" misconception. The lease will identify what "minerals" are being sought after. Always limit the lease to oil and/or gas.

Don

Amy Miller said:

According to the township index, 6s - 64w will put that section in Elbert county. I think that puts it on the SE corner of County Line Rd and Delbert , right? Let me know if I am totally off base here.

Jerry Nolan said:

According to public records: Front Range Development (a Texas based company) paid $2,200 per acre for 320 acres in the south 1/2 of Sec 16 - 6S-64W last month - that's Northeast Douglas County about 2 & 1/2 miles east of Parker, Colorado.

Rec’d a letter yesterday from RedSky Land, LLC representing Chesapeke Exploration for Douglas and Elbert Counties. Have not contacted them yet.

I could send you a copy of the 1956 lease my mother has but don’t know if you would be interested in reading it. thanks david a

David - I think you must be coming from the Moffat County site - this is the Elbert County site. Anyway, as i recall, your situation was about Kaiser-Francis…and an old lease. LOOK at the lease…is there a “pugh clause” (pronounced ‘pew’)- a statement that releases your mother’s acres Not In A designated unit ? If you go to the County records, I presume that you will find that at some time a “unit” for that well was defigned - 80, 160 or maybe even 640 acres. Everything that your mother has outside of that unit is Leasable unless she gave then card blanc without a pugh clause…in which case, a company can put in a well…and hold all of your acres ‘by production’ … foolish, and any savy mineral owner will not allow this. BEST

david fancourt agee said:

I could send you a copy of the 1956 lease my mother has but don't know if you would be interested in reading it. thanks david a