Eddy county, New Mexico, township 26

Thank you so much for all of the information. It’s nive to know that you knew BW, likely, Kevin Harper, too. The division order I signed for Rose 12-2&3H are .0000512700 revenue interest. This is with Percussion. I’m going to contact Mewborne tomorrow. I haven’t revived any communication from them. My brother received a check for a few grand a couple of weeks ago from them. ( He told me tonight.) I’m not sure even where that is coming from. I will wait to see.

In the override example, you have no mineral acres, it’s an override. You own an amount equal to 8/8ths of the revenue from 3.2 acres with zero costs. I would call that 3.2 net revenue acres. IMO, naming them anything is just a pointless intermediate step and they become 25.6 nra and all of the end numbers make total sense to me. :+1: In that case it’s just potato-potahto semantics.

However, on the mineral side. I inherited 10% undivided interest in 160 gross acres in 26s 31e. I have 16 net mineral acres. It is unleased. I have rights to 8/8ths of the revenue on 16 aces. I have the potential to get revenue equal to 8 * 16 = 128 NRA. Agree with you completely there. But I also have to carry 100% of the costs at this point. That’s important. So if someone wants to to pay me for 128 NRA at the going rate per NRA ($18k) for my property then they are going to be sad pandas once they realize what they did. Since nobody will do that, I go and lease my minerals at 25% royalty. I still have 16 net mineral acres, they are just now leased. Now my mineral acres are carrying no costs, just like an NRA. But now I have 32 NRA from my 16 net mineral acres. (plus my bonus) Not 8:1. Again, in what I would call a net mineral acre, you can only turn one into 8 NRA if somebody will give you a 100% royalty lease. In other words, never. Cheers.

Jami, sorry I didn’t actually know your relatives, I just saw the deed into you from Beauford in online records. I’d guess that my father knew your grandfather if he was at Yates anytime after 1979.

.000051270 interest is not much. Those 2 wells made about 28,000 barrels in Jan 2019. If that decimal is correct, your share for that should be about $60.

Thank you so much for all your help. Barbara

NMoilboy are correct, our difference was semantics. However, I know override owners are receiving offers based on their nra only stating a decimal interest ownership.

I am wanting everyone to be as knowledgeable about their mineral ownership as possible so nobody is able to take more than what they think they own.