Dunn Co T148n, R96 knowledge

If a person wanted to drive out and see the activity but never been out there, how does a person get directions to a township?

A smartphone with geotagging capabilities and a map might help there. When you get close there should be signs.

Thanks again.

When you hear that the amount of recoverable oil is higher then previously thought does that mean more oil is recoverable from existing wells. Or just in a broad sense.?

r w kennedy said:

Not always but when you are completely surrounded by good wells in the Bakken you can have some reasonable expectations barring mechanical failure.

Robert shepherd said:

Does good wells in the naboring section usually mean you can expect good wells too?

I believe it may concern the improvement in drilling and completion techniques and may not concern older wells.

It could also mean there have been advances in secondary or even tertiary recovery.

It would be great if they felt they underestimated their original estimate of eventual recovery.

Robert shepherd said:

When you hear that the amount of recoverable oil is higher then previously thought does that mean more oil is recoverable from existing wells. Or just in a broad sense.?

r w kennedy said:

Not always but when you are completely surrounded by good wells in the Bakken you can have some reasonable expectations barring mechanical failure.

Robert shepherd said:

Does good wells in the naboring section usually mean you can expect good wells too?

Hello happy newyear, I have a question? The confidential list says that four wells in which my mom has interest will show information 6-1-14. Is it possible to know how long after that royalty payments will begin?

The law in ND says that the operator must pay royalty 150 days after first sales or the operator owes interest, but that is only if you have marketable title, probates done and deed recorded in your name should do the trick.

I have seen operators not pay for an addition year, people who have marketable title and try to get away without paying interest even though the LAW says they must pay interest whether you request it or not. If they pay late and you think they owe interest and it isn't on one of the first two checks, I would bring the interest to their attention.

By law, you need not return a division order to be paid in ND, do not allow them to tell you different.

These laws are recent, within the last few years because operators were not paying. The law used to be that the operators owed interest if they did not pay within 150 days after first sales, but they were not voluntarily paying so the legislature had to step in and say that the operator MUST pay whether you request interest or not. Some operators have tried to cheat saying you do not have marketable title when in truth you do. I know one lady whom they told that she did not have marketable title because they owed her 1.5 years interest on a very good well. She did nothing to cure her title and the oil company started paying her royalty but no interest. I hope she got a lawyer. Sometimes the operators are still ignoring the law.

I noticed that the monthly production data for December on 21269 skunkcreek is not showing. Should Decembers data be in yet? And what month does the royalty payments for this month payout?

They run a month behind. Decembers numbers will not be out until a few days before or after February 1.

Robert shepherd said:

I noticed that the monthly production data for December on 21269 skunkcreek is not showing. Should Decembers data be in yet? And what month does the royalty payments for this month payout?

So does that mean that Decembers sales will be February’s payment?

Yes.

Thank you very much, I appreciate your help I hope your year is prosperous. Talk to you later.

Hello rw I have a question the runs are higher this month then last month but the sold are lower. Does that mean the payment will be lower.?

r w kennedy said:

Yes.

Thanks

Robert shepherd said:

Hello rw I have a question the runs are higher this month then last month but the sold are lower. Does that mean the payment will be lower.?

r w kennedy said:

Yes.

I must be losing it because I don't remember replying to anything in the last hour and certainly not with a momosyllable. Mr. Shepherd, the runs ARE the sales. The barrels produced are the column just to the left. There is usually something left in the tanks, some months they do not sell all they produce, some months they sell more than they produced that month.

Robert shepherd said:

Thanks

Robert shepherd said:

r w kennedy said:

Yes.

I’m sorry r.w I went back to check my comment and an old comment made by you concerning another question was under my new question and appeared to me to be a recent comment. Sorry for the confusion. And appreciate your help concerning this issue.

r w kennedy said:

I must be losing it because I don’t remember replying to anything in the last hour and certainly not with a momosyllable. Mr. Shepherd, the runs ARE the sales. The barrels produced are the column just to the left. There is usually something left in the tanks, some months they do not sell all they produce, some months they sell more than they produced that month.

Robert shepherd said:

Thanks

Robert shepherd said:

r w kennedy said:

Yes.

So if the sales for December were higher does that mean that this months payment higher too?

Robert shepherd said:

I’m sorry r.w I went back to check my comment and an old comment made by you concerning another question was under my new question and appeared to me to be a recent comment. Sorry for the confusion. And appreciate your help concerning this issue.

r w kennedy said:

I must be losing it because I don’t remember replying to anything in the last hour and certainly not with a momosyllable. Mr. Shepherd, the runs ARE the sales. The barrels produced are the column just to the left. There is usually something left in the tanks, some months they do not sell all they produce, some months they sell more than they produced that month.

Robert shepherd said:

Thanks

Robert shepherd said:

r w kennedy said:

Yes.

Mr. Shepherd, my payments run about 2 months behind. I just received a check from one operator and I will receive another in a few days and both are / will be for November production.

So ours maybe the same huh?

r w kennedy said:

Mr. Shepherd, my payments run about 2 months behind. I just received a check from one operator and I will receive another in a few days and both are / will be for November production.

I think it is the standard, a month behind to get the oil sold and a month to calculate and send the royalty out.