Drilling Activity in N Anderson County

Charlie...you have probably already told me...but...where do you live now? Are you living on your acreage that is in the James Hall survey? I am presently living about 100 miles west of San Antonio (between Rocksprings and Leakey). Retired a couple of years ago and moved from outside of Austin to 106 acres land that I bought years ago to hunt on.

Charlie Wallace said:

Jerry White said:

Charlie...so you are Aggie. I'm a Baylor Bear.....Class of 1967. Glad to hear that you aren't a Longhorn. :)

Charlie Wallace said: Right, Class of '62. Had our 50th reunion in May. Place has changed a lot in 50 years. No girls, compulsory Corps membership when I was a student. I lose no love for the t-sips. If they never win another game in any sport, that's fine with me. After a slow start this year, your Bears came on strong. Hated to see what happened to RG3 last week. I was watching the Redskins game when he got hurt. The guy is a class act. Really something Texas boys winning the Heisman 2 years in a row. I had mixed feelings about A&M joining the SEC, but after the season we had I'm surprised and happy with the outcome. I do miss the playing the traditional SWC rivals. We would have stomped tu in the Cotton Bowl but I dislike OU almost as much.

Jerry, I see the confusion about C.R. 4471. Google doesn't show this road and as you said it is still unpaved but a short distance before 447 turns east and goes through a cattleguard, 4471 turns right (west). I've been on 4471 a number of times and as you said it loops back and comes out on 837not much past where 447 turns off. Interesting story about your meeting your wife in VN and going back there, finding and marrying her. I had a roommate at A&M, Capt. Tom Ralph who was a marine company commander and was killed in battle in 1968. Enjoy your trip.

Jerry, we live in Spring outside of Houston and thought one time about retiring on our place up in Anderson Co. but now we probably won't. We have some good friends, the Theiss's, who lived down here and when he retired they bought 10 or so acres off of Walter White Ranch Rd. west of US 83 and 2 or 3 miles south of Leakey. I really like the Hill country. My dad and I used to camp out and deer hunt out of Llano when I was a little kid and later we hunted out of Medina and other places including mine. Never had much luck on my place although there are more deer up there now than when I bought it. When we visit our friends out of Leakey and I'm floating down the Frio like last August, I really hate to come back home! I'm thinking we might move up there one day.
Charlie
Jerry White said:

Charlie...you have probably already told me...but...where do you live now? Are you living on your acreage that is in the James Hall survey? I am presently living about 100 miles west of San Antonio (between Rocksprings and Leakey). Retired a couple of years ago and moved from outside of Austin to 106 acres land that I bought years ago to hunt on.

Charlie Wallace said:

Jerry White said:

Charlie...so you are Aggie. I'm a Baylor Bear.....Class of 1967. Glad to hear that you aren't a Longhorn. :)

Charlie Wallace said: Right, Class of '62. Had our 50th reunion in May. Place has changed a lot in 50 years. No girls, compulsory Corps membership when I was a student. I lose no love for the t-sips. If they never win another game in any sport, that's fine with me. After a slow start this year, your Bears came on strong. Hated to see what happened to RG3 last week. I was watching the Redskins game when he got hurt. The guy is a class act. Really something Texas boys winning the Heisman 2 years in a row. I had mixed feelings about A&M joining the SEC, but after the season we had I'm surprised and happy with the outcome. I do miss the playing the traditional SWC rivals. We would have stomped tu in the Cotton Bowl but I dislike OU almost as much.

Jerry, I see the confusion about C.R. 4471. Google doesn't show this road and as you said it is still unpaved but a short distance before 447 turns east and goes through a cattleguard, 4471 turns right (west). I've been on 4471 a number of times and as you said it loops back and comes out on 837not much past where 447 turns off. Interesting story about your meeting your wife in VN and going back there, finding and marrying her. I had a roommate at A&M, Capt. Tom Ralph who was a marine company commander and was killed in battle in 1968. Enjoy your trip.

Hi Charlie.....I know Spring..since I grew up in the Houston area. Used to go swimming, back in the 50's, at a swimming hole where I-45 crossed Spring Creek. Been floating the Frio and dancing at Garner Park since 1959. I love the hill county...went to visit my kids near Baytown and spent a week. Almost had an anxiety attack. Didn't feel better until I reached Sabinal and could see the hills. :)

BTW: My email is jerry.white1944@gmail.com. Might be a better way to communicate non oil related issues....don't want to bore or upset the forum folks. :)

Charlie Wallace said:

Hello Jerry, I have 95.1 acres all in the James Hall Survey A-29. My property is off of C.R. 446 and is south of you, probably no more than 1/4 to 1/2 mile. It is the 2nd tract of land downstream (east) of the large (maybe 100 acre) lake on Walnut Creek. The creek bisects my place. I have been offered 1/5 royalty and $200/acre for a 3 year primary term with an option to extend for another 2 years. I have not yet agreed to the lease terms and would prefer to lease for a shorter period but that might not be possible. There are a series of preceding posts on this site by myself and others. There is some drilling activity south and west of Franskston, mainly to the north and east of Brushy Creek by several miles with 1 well, the Sally Stone now producing. The folks on this Anderson County forum have been extremely helpful in providing information and suggestions. Good luck.

Charlie Wallace

Agree. Mine is cbwallace1@aol.com.

Jerry White said:

Hi Charlie.....I know Spring..since I grew up in the Houston area. Used to go swimming, back in the 50's, at a swimming hole where I-45 crossed Spring Creek. Been floating the Frio and dancing at Garner Park since 1959. I love the hill county...went to visit my kids near Baytown and spent a week. Almost had an anxiety attack. Didn't feel better until I reached Sabinal and could see the hills. :)

BTW: My email is jerry.white1944@gmail.com. Might be a better way to communicate non oil related issues....don't want to bore or upset the forum folks. :)

Charlie Wallace said:

Hello Jerry, I have 95.1 acres all in the James Hall Survey A-29. My property is off of C.R. 446 and is south of you, probably no more than 1/4 to 1/2 mile. It is the 2nd tract of land downstream (east) of the large (maybe 100 acre) lake on Walnut Creek. The creek bisects my place. I have been offered 1/5 royalty and $200/acre for a 3 year primary term with an option to extend for another 2 years. I have not yet agreed to the lease terms and would prefer to lease for a shorter period but that might not be possible. There are a series of preceding posts on this site by myself and others. There is some drilling activity south and west of Franskston, mainly to the north and east of Brushy Creek by several miles with 1 well, the Sally Stone now producing. The folks on this Anderson County forum have been extremely helpful in providing information and suggestions. Good luck.

Charlie Wallace

Just wondering if you guys ever signed a deal as of yet? If so may I ask what you negotiated finally and what was the term a 3 year with 2 year option ????

Hello George, I haven't signed the lease yet. The delay is on my end as I am planning to have an attorney review it before I sign anything. The term is for 3 years with a 2 year option which I wasn't happy with but the company wouldn't budge off of that. I went to the courthouse in Palestine and that seemed to be the standard terms for all the recent leases filed. Are you dealing with the same folks, RWT Land Services?

Charlie

No sir I am not a mineral holder in Anderson, I am a Landman and the company I work for is looking at some property in that area.

I found your story very interesting. I follow the forums to keep up with what is being offered in different areas, so that when we go in to make an offer we are not offering below what the market is holding. (Made that mistake once and it wasn't very pleasant)

If you have any questions or need help with anything please feel free to ask.

God's blessing be upon you.

George

p.s. (Hook'em Horns!)

Hi George,

Yes.....we signed with the terms that Charlie had mentioned. They leased the mineral rights in all of the surveys, in which we hold mineral rights, with the exception of the mineral rights that we hold in the TJ Jackson (A-1064) Survey. This survey had been leased in the past when my mother was still alive; however, these folks did not include it.

Regards

Jerry White

George Reid said:

Just wondering if you guys ever signed a deal as of yet? If so may I ask what you negotiated finally and what was the term a 3 year with 2 year option ????

I am new at this and would like to ask a few questions. If each family member gets a lease agreement, do they all have to agree on the same price, or do they each make their own request? I am trying to help out my 92 year old Mother, and would appreciate help. Thanks, Sammye Hughlett

Sammye,no family members do not have to agree to the same price, but in our family we are all on the same page before we sign the lease. Yould you believe myself and 11 other siblings and cousins own minerals on 2 farms our granddad bought near Lamesa in the 1920's? These same 12 also own minerals inFreestone co which has a gas well that is about played out and we have a lease in Hill co that is due to expire next month.. Our grandad was born in Freestone Co, moved to Hill Co where our great grandad gave them a farm for a wedding present, and then later they moved to Dawson Co and bought a farm near Munger and bought another farm a couple of years later about 2 miles NE of Lamesa. My mother and daddy met and married in Lamesa back in the early 1930's and I have a first cousin who lives in Tyler named Carole Middleton Lybrand who still owns farms out there. All my siblings and cousins look for me to keep up with oil activity ,I guess because I have a 50 year old geology degree and have always kept up with where the action is. Neither of our places are leased in Dawson Co but I feel confident we will eventually get a lease, especially the place near Munger because we had 3 good oil wells there for over 40 years and they are part of what is now known as the Cline Shale which is the next big play. Were you raised in Lamesa? I no longer have relatives there but my wife has a double cousin Ruth Scarborough and she and John owns Scarborough Drilling Co. John died a couple of years ago but their sons Lane and Scott till operate the company and we visit Ruth once or twice a year. Is your minerals in Dawson Co?. I'll try to help you so respond back . John Cundieff

Thanks for the info. The mineral rights are actually in Anderson Co. On some land owned by my great grandparents, or maybe great great. But think it was John Evans family. My Daddy was the oldest child of Porter Moore and Charity Evans Moore. They lived in the Brushy Creek area.
My inlaws lived at Welch, and that is why we wound up in lamesa. I was raised in Dimmitt, up in the panhandle. The oil gas and wind people are going strong here, so bet you will be able to lease you land here very soon. Hope that will go good for you, cause from what I hear the going rate around here is more like $600.00 per acre and 20 to 23 percent. Guess that is why we were questioning the $150.00 per acre and 3/16 for the land down there. So, do you think that is a fair offer? We just wanted to talk to someone there before signing.
I appreciate your help and hope you do good on your land here.
Sammye.

Leases in the Brushy Creek area are up to $250 and 1/5th so don't take anything less and I don't think you will compromise the offer. We got $150 and 3/16th in Nov 2011 and I think we were one of the early leases.I have been in discusion with several other people who have been contacted for leases in your area, check the forum for comments from Charlie Wallace, Jerry White,Garnet Beard ,John Cratz ,James Pieper, and David Green. I have even heard of one $650 offer. I have also been in contact with several others by email who have leased in your area and some of these are your distant kin folks on the Evans side. Be sure to read the discussions on all the Anderson Co. forums. If you want to contact me by email I have no problem. johncundieff@yahoo.com

Ok, thank you so much for your help. Now, another question for you. Do we need to write them or call with the counter offer ? I will pass this on to the rest of the cousins involved in this. The brothers and sisters have all died so it is just my Mother and cousins involved in this now and it is the first time for any of us to do this. Thank you for your email address. My address is hughlettvineyard@nctv.com if you want to email me. I will try to keep you up to date if I hear about any leases for land around here. I think the cline shale was in the paper not too long ago. I will pay more attention next time I see something about that. Sammye john cundieff said:

Leases in the Brushy Creek area are up to $250 and 1/5th so don’t take anything less and I don’t think you will compromise the offer. We got $150 and 3/16th in Nov 2011 and I think we were one of the early leases.I have been in discusion with several other people who have been contacted for leases in your area, check the forum for comments from Charlie Wallace, Jerry White,Garnet Beard ,John Cratz ,James Pieper, and David Green. I have even heard of one $650 offer. I have also been in contact with several others by email who have leased in your area and some of these are your distant kin folks on the Evans side. Be sure to read the discussions on all the Anderson Co. forums. If you want to contact me by email I have no problem. johncundieff@yahoo.com

Hi John....great to hear from you while I am in Vietnam. I have contacted Sammye and we are, in fact, distant relatives. Sammye's grandmother and my grandfather were brother/sister.

Sammye Moore Hughlett said:

Ok, thank you so much for your help. Now, another question for you. Do we need to write them or call with the counter offer ? I will pass this on to the rest of the cousins involved in this. The brothers and sisters have all died so it is just my Mother and cousins involved in this now and it is the first time for any of us to do this.
Thank you for your email address. My address is hughlettvineyard@nctv.com if you want to email me. I will try to keep you up to date if I hear about any leases for land around here. I think the cline shale was in the paper not too long ago. I will pay more attention next time I see something about that.
Sammye
john cundieff said:

Leases in the Brushy Creek area are up to $250 and 1/5th so don't take anything less and I don't think you will compromise the offer. We got $150 and 3/16th in Nov 2011 and I think we were one of the early leases.I have been in discusion with several other people who have been contacted for leases in your area, check the forum for comments from Charlie Wallace, Jerry White,Garnet Beard ,John Cratz ,James Pieper, and David Green. I have even heard of one $650 offer. I have also been in contact with several others by email who have leased in your area and some of these are your distant kin folks on the Evans side. Be sure to read the discussions on all the Anderson Co. forums. If you want to contact me by email I have no problem. johncundieff@yahoo.com

Sammye, I failed to mention that be sure you get a 3 year contract with a 2 year option on the lease and not a 5 year contract. That way you get paid again after the 3 year contract expires. John

Thanks John. Can Mother call today and get that in the works, then the rest of the family can do theirs whenever they want to? Mother would like to get hers done and off her back asap. Just so she knows that it is taken care of. I don't want to jeopardize the rest of the families chance to get theirs done later.

Sammye

Sure, everyone can start the process at their discretion. There's no telling how long we 12 heirs of our grand dad take when we do this. I'll call or email each to make sure we are on the same page but I always tell the landman that I cannot speak for the others . Good luck. John

I am sorry to keep on asking questions, but, I do have one more. If all the heirs do not sign, is the whole thing called off for everyone? Know these are probably dumb sounding questions, but, I have never done this, or know anything about it.

Appreciate you a bunch,

Sammye

john cundieff said:

Sure, everyone can start the process at their discretion. There's no telling how long we 12 heirs of our grand dad take when we do this. I'll call or email each to make sure we are on the same page but I always tell the landman that I cannot speak for the others . Good luck. John

If one member doesn't sign it does not affect the contract of the others. Should production occur on the property, the royalties produced on the unleased portion are held in an account with a state agency for a peroid of time and the person who did not sign the lease must act in this time by paying their share of the cost of the drilling expence to get their share. This is determined by their" fraction "which is the percent of their mineral acreage divided by the number of acres in the well unit multiplied by their their royalty percentage, and if they do not participate, the royalty money is then deposited in a state fund.

The woodbine